voice typing thingy

Options
I'm looking for a voice typing program thing for my pc, that won't take forever to train and is cheap or better still free. Can anyone recommend any?
If my typing is pants or I seem partcuarly blunt, please excuse me, it physically hurts to type. :wall: If I seem a bit random and don't make a lot of sense, it may have something to do with the voice recognition software that I'm using!

Comments

• Magnolia
    Magnolia Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dragon Naturally Speaking has been a market leader for years. Not always accurate but as good as it gets - have a look at this site and make your own mind up.

http://www.dyslexic.com/articlecontent.asp?CAT=Reviews&slug=239&title=Speech%20Recognition,%20Dyslexia%20and%20Disabilities

There are some free downloads out there but you get what you pay for.

Good luck
    Mags - who loves shopping
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    vista has one built in this is quite useful

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Visa has a built in feature thats pretty good although sometimes a little hit & miss some of the results can be quite funny!...i've used dragon for a while since an accident I had a couple of years ago meaning trouble with my hands, dragon's not always the cheapest but you get what you pay for
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • spikeysoul
    Options
    This is not the easiest way to do anything, but I am on a 60 credit university foundation award (I have already been to university but have gone back to start again since becoming unable to work). Any way that is the minimum number of credits needed to qualify for the disabled student allowance - I am at uni 5 hours per week. I should get dragon software for free because I am dyslexic, along with a bunch of other things - as I say not the easiest, and if you don't do the course I think you have to pay the money back I think. Obviously I am on the course for learning and not the equiptment but it will come in handy.
  • robpw2
    Options
    I am using my speech recognition tool, to write this post. It is not always easy however after many uses it gradually recognizes the tone for your voice. I am dyslexic, it does make life easier if writing long documents however you still need to be able to go back and check everything to make sure that correctly understood the words that you have been saying. You will be surprised at the random words that it picks up if it does not understand what you've said. This at first can be a pain however once you get used to it ,it will seem an amazing service.

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
  • foxxymynx
    foxxymynx Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Options
    I think I'll try the one on vista before I part with my cash hehe

*blushes* where do I find it, in Vista?
    If my typing is pants or I seem partcuarly blunt, please excuse me, it physically hurts to type. :wall: If I seem a bit random and don't make a lot of sense, it may have something to do with the voice recognition software that I'm using!
  • robpw2
    Options
    foxxymynx wrote: »
    I think I'll try the one on vista before I part with my cash hehe

*blushes* where do I find it, in Vista?
    control panel its speech recognition looks like a microphone on the icon

• doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    Options
    robpw2 wrote: »
    vista has one built in this is quite useful

do you know what it is called?

opps ok should have read on first lol found it only problme is cannot find microphone lol
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have a microphone? That might explain why it can't find one ...

If you didn't get one with the 'puter, they are not expensive.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    Do you have a microphone? That might explain why it can't find one ...

If you didn't get one with the 'puter, they are not expensive.

used to have headset with mic but cannot find it so going to go buy one in argos to try it , would be such a help as I only really use forums and msn and hands get so sore with typing. lol
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport