Landline phone with no broadband prices

13»

Comments

• cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    WebDude wrote: »
    There's also FTTH where a fibre is connected right up to your home/ office and voice calls are not offered on that.
    Maybe worth getting your facts straight.:p

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42641/~/connecting-your-phone-service-to-bt-infinity-%28fibre-to-the-home%29
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 April 2018 at 4:04PM
    moremore wrote: »
    As far as I am aware my term finished with them on 18 April with new contract I had with them. the said I paid landline for year in February but which I though the new contract would make old condition Null and Void. Plusnet would not accept it despite them making incorrect charges on my account they told me quickest way to get fit the over changing was for me to stop direct debit and insert bank details on to their website again which I done but they refused to accept my bank details I was using I put back on their website. Each time I went into their website it had same amount on it so I refused to pay their over-charging and i was put on limited services. I paid them overcharge amount and advise them I did not want to renew my contract with them. They sent me email saying they would send outstanding amount to debt collecting agency and they will also add charges. I am so cross with them I paid it and now they want more maybe for landline not sure but I feel safer if my landline was not with them. PlusNet nasty awful company. I think I will have to advise my bank not to release my money to them.

I would imagine that they are not saying you cannot leave, but that they consider that not only are you inside a minimum term, but you already owe them money for services already supplied ( regardless of it being true, it's what they presumably think )
    If you payed for a year line rental in February, (before the expiry of your previous deal in April ) , then chances are you are 'contracted' until Feb 2019, not April 2018, because by paying for the year , arguably you recontracted for 12 more months

If in their opinion your account is delinquent , they can restrict your service, or cease the service and peruse you for money owed either directly , or by passing the debt onto a debt collection agency, personally I would try to avoid this.

I would think , if you request it, you should be able to get them to cease all services with Plusnet and you request what the final bill will be, it may be that some items they charge for , you don't think are fair, you may have to either take it on the chin and pay up to be free of them, or try to negotiate a new final bill , but in my opinion the worst thing to do is nothing , pay nothing, and hope it all goes away, it never does, and your credit rating will probably be trashed along the way.
    A lot of these disputes can be settled by contacting the executive complaints team of the company you are in dispute with, they tend to have the authority to make offers to close the complaint that regular customer service staff cannot make, perhaps you should try contacting them
  • moremore
    moremore Posts: 518 Forumite
    iniltous wrote: »
    I would imagine that they are not saying you cannot leave, but that they consider that not only are you inside a minimum term, but you already owe them money for services already supplied ( regardless of it being true, it's what they presumably think )
    If you payed for a year line rental in February, (before the expiry of your previous deal in April ) , then chances are you are 'contracted' until Feb 2019, not April 2018, because by paying for the year , arguably you recontracted for 12 more months

If in their opinion your account is delinquent , they can restrict your service, or cease the service and peruse you for money owed either directly , or by passing the debt onto a debt collection agency, personally I would try to avoid this.

I would think , if you request it, you should be able to get them to cease all services with Plusnet and you request what the final bill will be, it may be that some items they charge for , you don't think are fair, you may have to either take it on the chin and pay up to be free of them, or try to negotiate a new final bill , but in my opinion the worst thing to do is nothing , pay nothing, and hope it all goes away, it never does, and your credit rating will probably be trashed along the way.
    A lot of these disputes can be settled by contacting the executive complaints team of the company you are in dispute with, they tend to have the authority to make offers to close the complaint that regular customer service staff cannot make, perhaps you should try contacting them

It was definitely new 12 month contract on 18th March 2017 they said as LRS had been paid, I think it was February but I will need to check my bank statements but it was a new contract, I could not use internet as I had to wait for modem and that arrived end of March for it to arrive.
    I paid incorrect amount of £32.98 and they then put back my services. I could not get in contact with them until it was paid. When I got through to them by phone, I was put through to options (luckily I had my phone on speakers and had witness to our conversation on the phone) the guy from options said my contract had expired and I said good. Then he backtracked and said it take two weeks for contract to be cancelled, I advised him the just said it had been cancelled which he ignored and said that my land line number would be lost after a week I said OK, I just wanted to leave them. Then the phone went dead. Expect another bill be sent to me as it appears they want to get as much as possible from me. I want a breakdown of what they done and will pay them when I get that from them. :(
    turned into a greedy awful phone provider..:mad:
  • moremore
    PlusNet are disgusting people, they took monthly cost of over £19.00 out of my account by direct debit despite me asking them in writing not to take any more money out of my account until I know what it is for? Their options people backtracked on the phone when he said my line had ceased with them, but when I said good, he then said it would take 2 weeks. Now I am concern that they will try and say I have a new contract with them.
    They told me when overcharge me that my direct debit card which they been using for monthly payments for years was no good. I then give them my credit card for them to take their overcharging payment, but they used my debit care to take direct debit from it. I will have to block direct debit with them as I do not want to have any more dealing with such a company scary indeed.
    I am now looking into BT basic hopefully the above company will not hinder it. Does anyone know if pensioners will qualify for BT basic? Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    PlusNet are disgusting people, they took monthly cost of over £19.00 out of my account by direct debit despite me asking them in writing not to take any more money out of my account until I know what it is for? Their options people backtracked on the phone when he said my line had ceased with them, but when I said good, he then said it would take 2 weeks. Now I am concern that they will try and say I have a new contract with them.
    They told me when overcharge me that my direct debit card which they been using for monthly payments for years was no good. I then give them my credit card for them to take their overcharging payment, but they used my debit care to take direct debit from it. I will have to block direct debit with them as I do not want to have any more dealing with such a company scary indeed.
    I am now looking into BT basic hopefully the above company will not hinder it. Does anyone know if pensioners will qualify for BT basic? Thanks

After reading your couple of posts on here I think that you've totally misunderstood what Plusnet are telling you (or have just stopped listening to them).

You are in a rolling monthly contract with them as you're now out of minimum term. They can't just pause your payments while you work out what to do about it. If you asked them to cease the line then they'll do it but you do have to give 14 days notice for telephone & broadband services. They probably said something along the lines of "I've put in a request for a cease and it'll turn off in two weeks time" (which is correct).

Your Visa debit card may well be showing as expired but the banks will honour any payment on it (with Plusnet) for anything up to 4 years unless the card number itself changes and they cancel the card. This will cause a payment failure. The credit card would have been to clear any outstanding balance as they can't use an expired card to do that but since the Visa debit card is still valid, the DD instruction will continue (it's actually known as a recurring charge rather than direct debit).

It does sound as though Plusnet have actually done nothing wrong.

BT Basics is available to the following:-

You must be getting one of these benefits:

• Income Support
    • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
    • Pensions Credit (Guaranteed Credit)
    • Employment and Support Allowance (Income related)
    • Universal Credit (and are on zero earnings).

You must be the named account holder to apply.

https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/BTBasic/Overview/index.htm

That's for telephone & line rental only with limited call allowance and no broadband.

If you qualify for the Basics package you can also apply for the (very) limited Basics + broadband package.

https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/BTBasic/BTBasicBroadband/index.htm
  • moremore
    Is not receiving state pension a benefit or AA why does BT want so much more info from pensioners to get low use internet? Some pensioners can manage on their state pensions.
    You can get thames water water at 50/% discount if person income is below 16K they do add any benefit on to it but expect they will check. Council were suppose to give pensions the same but did not tell tenants about it. So a lot of people missed out ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Is not receiving state pension a benefit or AA why does BT want so much more info from pensioners to get low use internet? Some pensioners can manage on their state pensions.
    You can get thames water water at 50/% discount if person income is below 16K they do add any benefit on to it but expect they will check. Council were suppose to give pensions the same but did not tell tenants about it. So a lot of people missed out ?

I must admit you totally threw me for a moment as I thought it was last April I posted on here. Nope, it's April last year.

Despite 2 question marks in there I'm not sure if you are asking rhetorical questions or not?

As my post above yours states, you would need Pension Credit (so on very low household income) and not just a State Pension. Attendance Allowance is not eligible as that isn't means tested.

BT's low income phone & basic BB package is for people who live in very low income households (hence the name), it's not there just because you got old.

I'll take your word on Thames Water.

Did you get it sorted with Plusnet? If so what was the outcome?
  • moremore
    edited 6 May 2019 at 9:20PM
    I must admit you totally threw me for a moment as I thought it was last April I posted on here. Nope, it's April last year.

Despite 2 question marks in there I'm not sure if you are asking rhetorical questions or not?

As my post above yours states, you would need Pension Credit (so on very low household income) and not just a State Pension. Attendance Allowance is not eligible as that isn't means tested.

BT's low income phone & basic BB package is for people who live in very low income households (hence the name), it's not there just because you got old.

I'll take your word on Thames Water.

Did you get it sorted with Plusnet? If so what was the outcome?

No was unable to do much due serious accident, I advised plusnet I wanted to rescind my package with them but and left it due to accident I expect as had not instruct another provided they did kept it on going but at first at reasonable rate, the last couple months they been charging me over £33 per month and I cannot get wifi living in London, when I was able to get in contact and download my account, I seen they put me on package high package plus evenings phone package which I never used. I got did got in contact via webchat with one of them and I advised that I did not agree to package they put me on and he said I should have agree and it was wrong of them not to informed me. I want to get away from them pronto.
    I am in process of getting a refund from council but that is proving very difficult as well, but I will not give up as they seem to be conning residents left, right and centre also grrrrr
    Checked plusnet broadband speed Download is 5.9 upload is 0.3 and I live about 2 miles from nearest exchange...
  • moremore
    Does anyone know what shell broadband means when on their pay as you charge which has just 'p' on all of them charges which is not helpful in calculating charges

Also has anyone got experiences of Post Office Broadband services please
    :T
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    PO broadband is resold Talk Talk .
    See many negative posts on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing