I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Options
1109010911092109310941096»

Comments

• Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Options
    Gnocchi out the freezer to defrost for dinner tomorrow.

Possibly some chilli to go in
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    A mozzarella ball out to make a home made pizza for dinner tomorrow. Nothing in.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Ms_Topaz
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

Call me crazy but I just finished reading all 548 pages !

I started reading the thread to try and motivate myself to eat out of the freezers/cupboards too and to spend less buying food, and more importantly wasting it.

I have to cater for a type 2 diabetic, a low fat diet and a veggie who doesnt like many vegetables so need all the help i can get.

Your stories, recipes and the way you help each other out is really inspirational, so thankyou.

I have enjoyed reading Lynseys whoopsie expeditions and couponing have really missed seeing her posts for the last 100 or more pages.

Loved seeing florences pictures (not sure i ever saw one of the brand new kitchen)

Kirri, edwardia and jelly thanks for the great recipes you have posted - i have collected quite a few to try out.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Freezer movements
    Out 4 lamb chops, swede and carrot mash, HM lemon curd, portion of shortcrust pastry, some HM roast potatoes, peas. Plus one mystery parcel.

All the above was to make tea as I've spent most of today collecting and freezing chestnuts. I managed to collect nearly two buckets full from three trees on this place. I think I have enough for the year so will leave the rest to the wild life.
    Now I'm going to move onto the cider apple tree, the alpacas are helping themselves but there are enough apples for everyone.

Just ordered three desert apple trees plus a medlar and mulberry tree. We eat so much fruit and it costs so much that I've decided to plant some trees. I would love to have enough soft fruit to freeze mixed bags as we both have fruit and yogurt for breakfast, so I'm going to have a search for blueberries and hopefully get some bushes. That's the plan.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Forgot to say - saw the bottom of the freezer today when I was moving things about. Very exciting
  • Rossyjordin
    Options
    On holiday i like to eat everything like ice cream,cold drinks..all freezers food everything!!!:)
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    as this thread has got very long and unwieldy, it is being closed now and a continuation thread can be found here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure