Welcome to the new Disability MoneySaving Board

Options
1235»

Comments

• ***guest***
    ***guest*** Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 18 March 2013 at 10:21PM
    Options
    hi dont know where to post this for advice really. under the new government rules i notice for talking to others in my situation dla is being refused alot! my husband has ESRF or stage 5 kidney failure, is unable to work, has hospital treatmant via lines in his neck 3 times a week, takes over 12 tablets to keep him alive. has countless ops to try investigate and fix things. if he didnt have dialysis he would only live about a week. hes very poorly. but we cannot no matter how hard we try get help via DLA.. i not being greedy but i have to now work over 40 hours a week just to keep a roof over our heads, and as we are £60 a month outta pocket every month i think things are gonna go drastically wrong very shortly for us. i keep putting off bills to keep paying rent and council tax and hospital trip bills. it horrid situation to be in, no one will help and i know from patient forums and talking to others at the hospital there are others being kept in a limbo of regection letters... i feel like they are keeping us in limbo so they can go into the different benifit of 'pip' when it is used... the dla questions are not helpful or useful way of telling how an illness affects a person. my husband is 34 so should be out enjoying work like he use to and being active cycling and walking but thats not possible at all and he just physically cant anymore, he would if he could but he cant! we have been called lazy and greedy etc. for chasing this benifit because my husband 'looks' normal and because i work and get an 'ok' wage. i fear the form i filled in was not giving a true reflection if his illness becasue i have been informed since by professionals ie. social worker and citizens advice that the questions are worded to trick untrained people into answering wrong so they can refuse. and that they hope you wont appeal.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Thank you Martin. :)

- spam hidden in the contact info

Disability Products Mobility Aids[/QUOTE]

- trackback-spam.jpg
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure