PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Oh dear, I've just placed an order for DR meat (their sausages are the only ones I like and they were on offer) so that's another £22 gone. I've updated my sig. Really have to stop filling the freezer now and eat some of it!
    Rx
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Suffolklass - thanks ever so much - I'll definitely be giving that a go. I've got some fruit I can puree up but might be tempted by the chocolate ice cream! Really appreciate that as I do my normal shop before I go to work so it's difficult to keep it frozen. Figured I could have a go at making my own but would rather use the eggs for something else so... packet or carton custard mix is my preferred option :D I'll give that a go today. :)

Looking like all we need today is a pint of milk. Last night's meal should be enough to last us for today (unless Mr Kitchenbunny would like something else) so that's tea sorted quite easily. Unfortunately there's a huuuuuge pile of ironing with my name on it! Have a lovely day, everyone.

K xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

This month I have been keeping a track of my spends as I wasn't really sure what I had been spending on groceries as we have got away from our previous OS ways and I have been diagnosed as coeliac.

Totted everything up last night and it came to £550:eek::o:eek: I think there might be a couple of little spends not included too as my other spreadsheet is on my work PC. I am shocked nad horrified. DH and I have had a good chat about this as it is this overspendign that is having a knock on effect on other areas as we don't have the money to do other things with it. The cupboards and freezers are full and this spend only includes £4.70 on a chippy tea.

Today's plans are to make a big batch of chilli for DH using the quorn mince I can't eat (it's not GF), some about to go wrinkly peppers and chilli peppers and what other veg I can squeeze into it. I also want to make a GF choclate cake and some GF peanut cookies for my lunches next week. I may have a go at making a hash brown quiche if not I will make the mini frittata I like for my lunches.

I still need to spend today on fruit and milk and a card for DBIL as DH lost the one we bought yesterday!

Have a good Sunday everyone :)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Back from a really great holiday and a £24.64 spend.
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    craigywv - well done all your reduced items - can you post a Strawberry Jam recipe that you use please - I tried one on Friday but it was a disaster [I burnt it] - I need a tried and tasted recipe - thank you

So far I've spent £61 of this weeks £75 budget [2 days to go and kiddies back to school tomorrow] I'm happy with that so far

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • fozziebeartoo
    fozziebeartoo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    wow craigywv, well done on your bargains - I was in the coop today but no such luck for me (unless I had just missed out!!). I could do with some more olive oil for my stores so will have to keep my eye out.

My co-op has lots of store cupboard reductions too but only 20p or 30p off, so not worth getting at the moment but worth keeping an eye on if they are changing what they stock.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Lidl yesterday and managed to spend £113 :eek: we have the house full as DDs back from uni and DD2 requested xmas dinner for her birthday. I think i just went back to old habits right off shopping list. Good news is this is still less than we did in mr t :eek: bad news is i didnt buy enough milk to last us the week. Still it'sonly a disaster if i dont learn from it. Xmas dinner today and im sure it'll be lish :D
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • sb88_2
    sb88_2 Posts: 194 Forumite
    Off shopping today!

I have a meal plan and I'm going to write out a shopping list! Using the internet to find out what deals are on etc

Friday/Saturday I ended up spending an extra : 4.50 on lunch! and and £7 on hair dye /golden syrup/nuts

I made a big batch of oat and nut/seed flapjacks out of this for snacks to try and cut down on the chocolate/crisps/snack food we eat. They are a bit to sickly sweet for me, however a small cube of one helps satisfy my need for a sweet fix!

Desperatley want to go out and buy some new running trousers, but I can't really afford to since I'm in my overdraft and trying to clear it. I couldn't justify the expense, however I'm finding it really hard not going out and getting some :(
    Weightloss: 18lbs/28lbs (Start weight: 11st, Current 9st 10)
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    My co-op has lots of store cupboard reductions too but only 20p or 30p off, so not worth getting at the moment but worth keeping an eye on if they are changing what they stock.

Our co=op only ever reduces by that amount as a final reduction!! Never any bargains to be had in there apart from the offers they have and then only some of them are any good, they are my local shop and I would use them more if they were cheaper

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Lidl yesterday and managed to spend £113 :eek: we have the house full as DDs back from uni and DD2 requested xmas dinner for her birthday. I think i just went back to old habits right off shopping list. Good news is this is still less than we did in mr t :eek: bad news is i didnt buy enough milk to last us the week. Still it'sonly a disaster if i dont learn from it. Xmas dinner today and im sure it'll be lish :D

I water my milk down now and it lasts a loooooot longer. Kids and OH haven't even noticed ;)
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family