Tesco Biggest Offer Ever

1868788899092»

Comments

• letmelogon3
    letmelogon3 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tesco hide behind NEW T&C's
    8. No correspondence will be entered into and no refunds will be given for products not being matched on Price Check.

Having had two tesco gift cards (and two more now in the post) to cover the difference between what my DTD was and should have been due to items being listed as N/A when they should not have been. I called tesco today to let them know that "OLD EL PASO ENCHILADA DINNERKIT 663G" that asda sell was not compared (2 for £3 at asda: OLD EL PASO ENCHILADA DINNERKIT 663G, OLD EL PASO SMK BBQ FAJITA DINNER KIT 500G) my OLD EL PASO SMK BBQ FAJITA DINNER KIT 500G also came up as the wrong price £2.20 instead of £2 So my DTD was £4.68 short.
    But they just repeat T&C Number 8 at me!

They don’t care that "We’ll check the price of your comparable grocery shopping versus ASDA and then send you an email when we have your results. Of course we’re confident you will find your shopping cheaper at Tesco, but if not, we’ll refund double the difference."

They don’t care that "T&C 5. branded grocery products that are identical or very similar own label grocery equivalents are included and compared"

They don’t care about their claim "T&C 7. Every attempt is made to match every possible Grocery product"

They don’t care that "T&C 10. grocery products that are sold on Asda’s Home Shopping site are included and compared against in the Tesco Price Check."

They don’t care that "T&C 12. Where the item is not available for comparison on the Asda Home Shopping site, the product is shown as 'not available' (N/A)."
    hence if it is available for comparison it will NOT be shown as 'not available' (N/A).

They don’t care that "T&C 13. All prices obtained for Asda are believed to be correct. On rare occasions however, due to the number of prices being checked, there may be some inaccuracies."

They don’t care that "FAQ 2. Does the price guarantee apply to all products? Which products are excluded?
    All comparable grocery products are included. The Tesco Price Team work hard to ensure as many products as possible are included so we can share our Prices with customers but some products cannot be matched due to significant size or quality differences."

They don’t care that "FAQ 15. Why would a product not be matched against Asda?
    The main reasons for products not being matched against Asda are: (all examples were correct as of 17/03/2011):
    Tesco has a larger range than Asda, so it's not possible to match everything.
    For example, Tesco sell a 500g, 750g and 1kg pack of Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. Asda only sell a 500g and 750g. Therefore if the 1kg product was bought, this would not have been comparable.
    Tesco and Asda may stock the same product but in different sizes, which are not matched
    For example, Tesco sell a 200g pack of cream crackers whereas Asda sell a 300g pack. As the difference in pack size is more than 10% these are not classed as comparable
    Asda stores may stock a product, but it is not listed on the Asda website
    For example, Tesco sell a 250ml and 400ml Dove Nourishing Body Lotion whereas Asda only sell the 250ml variant on their website."

tesco only care about "T&C 8.No correspondence will be entered into and no refunds will be given for products not being matched on Price Check."

Until today I had found tesco customer service much easier to deal with that asda customer service about their price guarantee (Morrisons price data wrong) now they are both like talking to a brick wall.

I'm going to try again in the morning and hope for a better result.

was just giving this a look over before hitting submit when I got a call from tesco research about their customer service helpline 14 minutes of mainly bad things to say about tesco.
  • knack92
    knack92 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    When using the voucher on a self service machine have people needed their receipt? I now can't find mine! Thanks.
  • knack92
    knack92 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Anyone able to help with my question?
  • dobsoncrew
    dobsoncrew Posts: 123 Forumite
    knack92 wrote: »
    When using the voucher on a self service machine have people needed their receipt? I now can't find mine! Thanks.
    Yes you do
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport