PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 10th March 2018

Comments

• dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone
    Nelski - would you add my best wishes to holly too please. Hopefully she is being treated kindly.

Had a nice tea with my mam and dad yesterday - it was my dad's 83rd birthday. He wanted fish and chips from the chippy and chocolate cake - so that's what we had!

Been very productive this morning so far - got all my cleaning and jobs done by 10.30 so feeling quite pleased with myself. Will go down later and try to give some help with dad's new electric wheelchair. Its one which my mam will have to control and she really doesn't think she's going to be able to work it. We may have to practise in the garage though as it's pouring down at the minute. I'll also take advantage of her tumble dryer and dry my towels whilst I'm the.re.
    Hope everyone has a good day
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Morning All,

Just read about Holly. Nelski please send my best to Holly. Many Thanks.

I am fetching mom out the nursing home today to come to my house so best go now x
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• me as well please Nel, she is in my thoughts, lets hope she's not away from home too long
  • cliffsgirl
    cliffsgirl Posts: 367 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Nelski can you please add my name to the card too. Thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning chums, and Nels please add my good wishes to HollyH on the card I think she has been treated dreadfully bless her, and she must feel so frightened and alone.Well she is not, as she has us all here to listen to her which is more than the bloody professionals are doing at the moment

Please tell her that all of her 'Virtual Friends' on here at MSE are all rooting for her and are hoping to see her back here chatting asap and feeling a lot more like her old self again and send all my good wishes and hugs from an old lady in Kent, JackieOxxxx

Well last night's annual Kent Messenger Charity quiz went well, although its a huge event we came 7th out of 30 plus teams so we were very happy with that Lots of nibbly things to eat which was nice and great company.

Best of all they raised £7.000 for various local charities, and the teams who entered for their charity were put into a lucky dip, (we were one called (Making Miracles, Little Grey Cells ) and I am so pleased that our little charity were given a donation of over £800 towards the 'Making Miracles' which will boost the funds no end. Plus one of my team Ruth, who is a trustee of the charity had spent a four hour stint on a stall yesterday morning selling knitted stuff to raise funds, and had made £370.00 as well.

When you are running a tiny charity every penny counts, and as its one that helps Mums who are struggling with baby bereavement, often through no fault of their own and there is a huge gap between the paid professionals and the Mums, that our councillors help to cover.

It is completely run on donations and fund raisers and yesterday was a brilliant day for the charity. All of our team stood and cheered :):):) and a lot of people were asking abut it afterwards which is good.

We have a 'Big Knit' in October at Rochester Cathedral where people come and give an hour or two of their time just to knit a square towards our baby blankets, and we have folk from all over Kent turning up.

Last year myself, apart from the other ladies, sewed together and knitted borders for 15 baby blankets that got sold at the Dickens Christmas festival in Rochester.

I am already making tiny knitted Christmas bells in pink and blue to be sold as 'remembering bells' to go onto the Cristmas tree for the babies who didn't survive, but are not forgotten.We also have a rememberance garden in Rochester where folk go to lay a small stone and remember their forgotten babies ,as unborn children befor 24 weeks do not even get a birth or death certificate.

Its amazing how many women have turned up to help out with just an hour or two and how much difference its made to the charity. So last night was just the icing on the cake for us all.

Tonight I am off out again but this time to dinner with my DD and son-in-law and his Mum Margaret and his sister and her OH Paul. We are having a curry at the local place to us which is excellent as a pre Mum's Day treat. It will be nice for us all to get together as Paul's Dad sadly died a bout two weeks ago and we all have his funeral to go to on Monday.Thats two funerals this year already, and I have another one the following week to attend as well.

Well time to get a wriggle on as I have a bit of ironing to get out of the way as well. Hope you all have a good weekend and you all are warm and dry (its raining here in Kent but not cold thank goodness )

take care chums

JackieO xxx
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Afternoon all!

Sorry to hear about Holly. I had to find yesterday's thread to see what had happened. I hope she's doing better, and back with us very soon!

I've had a busy week at school, with two late nights for parents evenings. Thursday night I didn't get home until nearly 9pm, which left me exhausted, having been out the house from 7am.
    Today I've just had a quiet morning. I did the food shop and had my weekly Costas. I also spent a productive hour sorting out stuff for next week at work. And now I'm at a bit of a loose end! Not quite sure what I feel like doing! Household chores are sorted and things are generally neat and tidy! Don't really feel like watching telly, don't fancy a brew, don't feel like reading, so just wandering about!

I will be out later though. I'm meeting a friend at TGI Fridays at 7:30 for dinner, which will be very nice, but MUCH later for dinner than I'd really prefer! I'm more of a "eat at 5:30/6pm" kind! But it's the only time she could do so... Hey ho.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. Mine lives 2 hours away from me, but luckily my sister, who lives a bit closer is spending the weekend with her. I've arranged an Interflora flower delivery, which is my usual mothers day gift for her. It is her "first" mothers day since my dad died last September. And while it's not a holiday specifically linked to dad, I'm glad she won't be on her own all day.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Nelski, please add my name to Hollie's card.

We're waiting for DS and DiL to pop in so that we can give her her belated birthday gifts. I got a card and thought "It isn't my birthday till next week" and then realised it's mothering Sunday tomorrow, doh.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Nelski can you send Holly my love and best wishes please.

Gers hope your DM is enjoying her Birthday
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Nelski please pop my name on the card too, thank you.

Am a bit meh today...Mothers Day tomorrow, 27 years since my dad died on Tuesday, what would have been my mums 88th birthday 2 weeks ago...it's a difficult time of year for me every Spring. However we do have things to celebrate in 2018 too - DS's 30th this year and DH and I have been together 15 years this April and DNiece's First Communion in May :)

Having a lazyish day today - we had friends round for a long boozy meal last night so am hoping the washing-up fairies have been overnight! DH has been watching a footie match on tv then its rugby later this afternoon, followed by a bit of catch-up Masterchef :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    P.S. DH has just shown me my Mothers Day card from DS2...came in the post addressed to "Mother", *** Our Road etc! Bless him! :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills