PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Making savings before it's too late

Options

Comments

• blackcatsx2
    Options
    I hadn’t thought of that!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :D:D:D

have you tried this site for amazing clothes bargains. Once I bought 2 coats because I needed one for a funeral, I knew I would be sending one back because I wasn`t sure of sizing. A no faff site

https://www.justlastseason.co.uk/coats-1/
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    yes!!! I decided to reduce our management company fees last night at the agm, all agreed (self managed co ) plus I have won £75 on premium bonds. I have paid the mgt fee and have unexpected money left so treated myself to a few cables etc for my chiagoo interchangeable needles and will have over £200 left to transfer to savings or to start filling the depleted cash pot. A very good start to february and best of all no agm to agenda, organise and minute for a whole year :D
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    An unexpected bonus to swapping our gas and electric to British Gas - we now get a discount on our HomeCare service contract with them. Yay.

It's only £1 a month - but I can do a lot with £12!!
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • blackcatsx2
    Options
    Kittie, that’s a fab site. Thank you for sharing it. I’m now in danger of being expelled from this thread or at least put on the naughty step for 53 minutes to stop me from overspending on lovely clothes!
    I’ve had a good start to February, nice dinner from freezer stocks tonight and a glass of wine from Christmas stash. Candle lit from Christmas stash too. Had quite a tough day at work so glad to be home, cosy and warm. Going to do some knitting now.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kittie, I would have thanked your post, but now I'm looking at spending money :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    oh :D sorry :D

keep the packaging nice, have a stroke of the items and send them back of you don`t need them, will power in spades :D
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    I can't believe how fast the last week has flown by, I'm chuffed with myself as I allowed myself £25 a week for fresh food and only spent £12.86 this week.:)
    Small chest freezer is now empty so a small saving on the electric as a bonus.
    We also made a very small saving on petrol in January with £232 compared to £ 248 for the previous year but that could be down to fuel prices at the time. We try and stick to 3k a year for fuel but we should make more than a 1k saving this year as we half our commute to work when we move.
    Will be running on coal this week due to the drop in temperature so £16 this isn't in my budget as this is the first year we have used it, but it's working better then wood alone and I watching our unessential spends to cover the cost of it.
    I'm not going to tempt fate but it's can say its 2018 and all is well :D
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    I’m now in danger of being expelled from this thread or at least put on the naughty step for 53 minutes to stop me from overspending on lovely clothes!

Love it!!

We don't do naughty on this thread (I've just decided) - we shrug our shoulders, accept that we're only human, and keep going.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I completely ran out of cash today, started with a very full wallet, kept in a house drawer and for many weeks have been drawing on that. I had to use a card because popping into the shop was not planned, ok I spent £12 but that included 2 ready meals by cook, one pack of 2 puds, one pate and one green and blacks vanilla ice cream. All because I could not help myself after driving around yet another area with a view to house hunting when the time is right. Frustrataion= being easily tempted by non-vegetables
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure