Savings accounts accepting DD's

Options

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    Re the Saga Telephone Easy Access. I've got two of these and have just tried to set up DD's to come from one of my bank accounts (re the soon to be defunct Tesco DD's). When I asked for DD's the CS person said they don't do DD's, they're Standing Orders? I asked her if Saga would pull the money each month, and she confirmed that they would. Is that not a DD, as I thought Standing Orders pushed the money from the account rather than a DD pulling it? I thought this was strange as I've got BM accounts and they do set up DD's.

If they are requesting the money from your bank account it is a direct debit. The lady you spoke to clearly doesn't understand what she is talking about.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    If they are requesting the money from your bank account it is a direct debit. The lady you spoke to clearly doesn't understand what she is talking about.

That's what I thought. When she'd completed setting them up, because of what she'd said I thought she may have misunderstood what I'd asked her to do, so I asked her to confirm she was pulling from the bank, which she did. Oh well, fingers crossed :eek:
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Really? If they were objecting to amounts being too low, they could simply have changed to asking for a minimum DD amount.

As others have.
    colsten wrote: »
    the only way Tesco could "help out" the other banks was by pulling the facility altogether.

Huh! A conspiracy, eh?

No, I think that this was a daft idea that MSE'ers could carefully exploit. That twerps were - and are still - proud of waving a £1 red rag at a bull is just too bad for the rest of us.
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    No, I think that this was a daft idea that MSE'ers could carefully exploit. That twerps were - and are still - proud of waving a £1 red rag at a bull is just too bad for the rest of us.

So what was your Tesco DD strategy?
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    blindman wrote: »

Personally, I debited £5 each time, and left the money in the Tesco account.
  • polymaff
    edited 19 February 2018 at 7:40PM
    Options

£xx.49 or £xx.99, where xx was in the range 10 to 19.

Avoiding the same figure or date for a given target.

Not immediately clawing the sum back.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    clivep wrote: »
    Yes, each Saver a/c can have a different linked a/c.

I have Issue 27 and Issue 29 latter shows correctly with lower Interest rate, both have different nominated accounts, I cant see any way of having direct debits coming out of each nominated account.
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    £xx.49 or £xx.99, where xx was in the range 10 to 19.

Avoiding the same figure or date for a given target.

Not immediately clawing the sum back.

How "Not immediately" was that then?

Days\weeks\months?
  • polymaff
    Options
    How "Not immediately" was that then?

Days\weeks\months?

Weeks - but, more importantly, not in amounts relating to the original DD amounts. Say, a sweep down to £50 every six weeks of all Tesco accounts.
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "yes, it appears that the new Issue is available, but what you finish up with is another Issue 28 account. expect nothing more from BOI:D."

I now have 4 a/cs (2xIss 27 @ 1.22% and 2 x Iss 29 @ 1.05%). I can't see there is any limit to the number of a/c's, is there ? 16 DDs needed to replace Tesco. I more left to obtain.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback