Csa

I have been informed by the CSA that my ex partner is not working anymore and not claiming any benefits so they are unable to collect any money from him. I know for a fact that he is doing 'cash in hand' jobs and getting quite alot of money for doing them.

First of all I would like to ask if there is anyway of prooving this?

Secondly I recieve some housing benefit, would this be re-assesed and what would I need to get from the CSA to prove that he is not paying?

Thanks in advance. x

Comments

• kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I don't know if it is still the case, but it used to be that regardless of whether you were receving any maintenance from the CSA, the Housing benefit would take it into consideration when calculating your entitlement - so if you were SUPPOSED to be getting say, 300 pounds per month, they would count this in your claim even if your ex was not paying. Double check as this may have changed - it seems totally unfair but it is done to prevent any overpayment of HB, but puts you into great hardship.

If you know where he is working cash in hand, then they have a fraud department who can investigate for you. If you have your ex's bank details they can ask the bank for the details of all transactions and see what income is going in (new powers, not publicised much) but only if he has an account in his sole name.
  • Proving this would be difficult.

If you informed the HB people they would take this into consideration and may award you more. CSA should send a letter confirming the change in payments.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts