Amazon Prime membership -

Comments

• isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi,

I have to be honest, I am not sure how you can sign upto Amazon Prime by accident .... if you select the 1 day delivery option, then you get the Amazon Prime trial. The T&Cs are actually linked to on the page, where you select the delivery option - right next to it infact .... I am amazed that people don't click on the T&Cs link & read them?

I agree with custardy ... maybe not quite to the point as custardy ... but all the same I still agree.

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    I'm in agreement with you there, Mark.

I think what a lot of regular members find annoying is that people come on here shouting that they've been scammed, conned or ripped-off, even though it's more than likely that they've made the mistake.
    And when it's pointed out to them where THEY'VE gone wrong, they don't like it. :confused:
  • jetsetwilly_2
    jetsetwilly_2 Posts: 195 Forumite
    If you get 30 days free trial can you use it and still cancel before being billed?

The terms are confusing as it reads like you can have a free trial but can't cancel if you use it??????
  • Halloway
    Halloway Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    If you get 30 days free trial can you use it and still cancel before being billed?

Yes. This is made clear on Amazon's website.
    The terms are confusing as it reads like you can have a free trial but can't cancel if you use it??????

It says nothing of the sort. They even give you the option to cancel the trial before it expires and still use it up to the 30 day limit.

I think Amazon have been very transparent about this offer. I'm astonished that so many people have had difficulties with it.
  • Halloway
    mariner-9 wrote: »
    I think Amazon have been pretty underhand in the way they've duped people into signing up for this.

Nobody has been duped. If you go blundering around the internet signing up for things without bothering to understand the implications then you will find little sympathy here.

How come I managed to sign up to Amazon Prime, use it free for 30 days, cancel and not get charged £49? How come thousands of others have managed to do the same?

Amazon is not a perfect company but I dislike endless newbies coming on this forum and slagging Amazon off when in fact the posters themselves are wholly at fault.

...and relax.

(!!!!!!)
  • Halloway
    I am utterly shocked at your rudeness...."pathetic?"

Not because I disagree with you, but your unnecessary venom. Jeez! I'm glad I won't be coming across you along a dark alleyway.

And I am SURE that many, many others end up with prime offer not wanting it.

Who makes you the expert all of a sudden? Did you manage to poll all amazon users??

Seriously, calm down.

Actually custardy's one of the calmer regulars on this forum. Sorry that he's said something that you don't want to hear but that's tough. I guess like me he's sick of these endless Amazon Prime posts.
  • jetsetwilly_2
    jetsetwilly_2 Posts: 195 Forumite
    Thanks.

If you read the T&C it isn't clear. As on the free trail T&C it says very clearly that you can cancel as long as you have not used it.

I will trust your superior knowledge and track you down if they bill me :)

Cheers
  • Halloway
    Thanks.

If you read the T&C it isn't clear. As on the free trail T&C it says very clearly that you can cancel as long as you have not used it.

I will trust your superior knowledge and track you down if they bill me :)

Cheers

Your money's safe with me! :rotfl:
  • willo65
    willo65 Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    I just signed up, placed my order and have already changed in options to "Don't auto-upgrade" so won't get charged and can use the service for the next 30 days, It was really clear when I did it with the big pop up box that told me everything i needed to know.

I think amazon are spot on with this :)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    willo65 wrote: »
    I just signed up, placed my order and have already changed in options to "Don't auto-upgrade" so won't get charged and can use the service for the next 30 days, It was really clear when I did it with the big pop up box that told me everything i needed to know.

I think amazon are spot on with this :)

It's amazing how some people seem to have no trouble understanding how Amazon Prime free trial works and other people think they've been conned, ripped-off, duped etc etc :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure