<<<out of cheese error>>>

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Laptop still an issue but the flash drive has arrived, just haven't had time to sort it. Bathroom cleaned and lotions and potions sorted this morning before I spent a couple of hours having my hair cut and my roots done. Then pruning and filling the green waste bin.

Still nothing remotely interesting to apply for. Holding out for the right job may take a long time :cool:

The co-op have a 200g pack of cherries for 89p. Marks wanted £8! They (co-op, not marks) also had 5 doughnut peaches for £1 which is good compared to elsewhere, and 600g british strawberries for £3. I'll be bouncing off the walls in a sugar induced frenzy.
  • redofromstart
    Much fruit consumed and my stomach feels better. I had a bit of a spendy fit (figleaves clearance) so now I have swimming costume, bikini, and a collection of underwear that actually fits properly.

Spotted a moth on the clothes rail earlier so this morning I am going to wash all of my cashmere and then store it in an air sucky vaccum bag in the wardrobe in the hope that it will stay safe till I have a new project.

Tomorrow is the last free electricity Sunday so must maximise usage and then transfer to the new tariff. Have a large bit of pork in the freezer so might defrost that overnight and do that as a slow roast tomorrow. OH isn't keen on pork and particularly not 'wet' pork so I'll need to think about that.

Hope everyone has a lovely bank holiday weekend.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Fig leaves are great and it sounds like you got some good bargains.

I put cedar oil on cotton buds in the bag too for my cashmere.

Funny you should mention 'wet' food. I know what he means. I am making a chicken dish today but keeping it dry as starting to go off 'wet' food too :)

Wishing you a lovely B/H weekend :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Spotted a moth on the clothes rail earlier so this morning I am going to wash all of my cashmere and then store it in an air sucky vaccum bag in the wardrobe in the hope that it will stay safe till I have a new project.
    Hope everyone has a lovely bank holiday weekend.

Put your cashmere in the freezer in a plastic bag for 24 hours and it will kill any nasties that may have been laid on it.
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Are the sucky vacuum bags expensive and where did you buy them? We seem to have loads of moths around at the moment and I'm worried about my woollies and cotton tops :(.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • redofromstart
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Put your cashmere in the freezer in a plastic bag for 24 hours and it will kill any nasties that may have been laid on it.

ooh, useful and simple - thanks

Are the sucky vacuum bags expensive and where did you buy them? .

Poundstretcher! From memory about £3 for a 2 pack, not very thick but they do seem to work.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I got my vacuum bags from the Factory Shop - they weren't that expensive if I recall. They contain my - cough - smaller sized clothes that live under the bed waiting till I lose some lbs and then they can fly free...........:o
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello Redo :)
    Just had a skim through last couple of weeks -
    You sound like you have got so much done in the garden! Been laughing through the Bra fitting discussions, sounds so familiar - no longer ask to be fitted these days either :o but do need to go out and get some mre. Have been waiting to drop a few pounds but its not happening....:(

NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • redofromstart
    Thanks DIA - I have some cedar oil for furniture so that is easy enough too.
    Hi NOA, everything has shot up in the garden, the weeds too. I struggle to do anything more than short bursts but I keep chipping away at it.

Reading through various diaries it looks like quite a few people have slipped off the wagon. Its been a spendy month for me too - the (needed) underwear, and then a late decision to go to France (briefly!) to buy a mountain of coffee beans this week. On the positive side I have a yeasr worth of coffee beans at half the UK price, and we got to walk on a beach and do some seal watching which was brilliant.

End of month round up, or round down to be accurate. Mortgage taken down to the next whole hundred, best we can do when I am not working. There was very little left at the end of the month due to France, and personal spends by us both but what little there was got scraped into savings.
  • Starmummy
    Starmummy Posts: 537 Forumite
    Just having a mug of tea and catching up on diaries.

smirking to myself about your wonderful stories as always.

I'm glad it isn't just my garden that seems to have turned into a jungle over night...the previous owners knew what they were doing so we have a vast array of peonies, roses and hollyhocks...amongst the weeds.
    I really need to get out there and tackle it but i'm stuck indoors studying for my next exam until next week at least.

congrats on the mortgage milestone.

Take care
    SM
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback