Far cry 5 is cheap this weekend folks

From what i have seen far cry 5 is £34.99 in game and argos and £34 in asda. I believe its on both ps4 and xbone. It could be cheap elsewhere as well. So if you fancy it but havent got it yet get down to your nearest store fast before it sells out. The offer could be time limited also.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    From what i have seen far cry 5 is £34.99 in game and argos and £34 in asda. I believe its on both ps4 and xbone. It could be cheap elsewhere as well. So if you fancy it but havent got it yet get down to your nearest store fast before it sells out. The offer could be time limited also.

Its the same price in Tesco as in Asda.

Have you played it donnajunkie ? Any good ?
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Its the same price in Tesco as in Asda.

Have you played it donnajunkie ? Any good ?

Only played the early parts.its about taking out a doomsday cult in montana. I think this cult is meant to be more powerful than the usual. At first you dont have a clue what you are doing. Its an odd thing, assassins creed syndicate did a similar thing where early on you were , what the hell. In this game You think wheres the world map for example which makes you think ok where the hell do i have to go. However like syndicate the niggles soon pass and you get a map and it gets to more familiar far cry territory. Things like menu layouts have been changed from what you might expect. I think there are new things pinched from other games. I just bought a gun for hire like you can in assassins creed games for example.
    Overall it seems to be a good game and if you like previous far crys you will probably like this one.
  • DCFC79
    Forumite
    Only played the early parts.its about taking out a doomsday cult in montana. I think this cult is meant to be more powerful than the usual. At first you dont have a clue what you are doing. Its an odd thing, assassins creed syndicate did a similar thing where early on you were , what the hell. In this game You think wheres the world map for example which makes you think ok where the hell do i have to go. However like syndicate the niggles soon pass and you get a map and it gets to more familiar far cry territory. Things like menu layouts have been changed from what you might expect. I think there are new things pinched from other games. I just bought a gun for hire like you can in assassins creed games for example.
    Overall it seems to be a good game and if you like previous far crys you will probably like this one.

I got 1 earlier, had a lot of in store credit so used some of that.

Would you say its better than the previous Far Cry games ?
  • ifstar
    ifstar Posts: 487
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I really enjoyed the setting of it and it looks fantastic on the X. If you enjoyed the previous 2 then you should enjoy this.
  • donnajunkie
    Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    I got 1 earlier, had a lot of in store credit so used some of that.

Would you say its better than the previous Far Cry games ?

Not sure, havent played enough of it yet to be able to say. While it still has alot familiar it does feel a bit different. Far cry 4 was virtually far cry 3 part two.
  • DCFC79
    Forumite
    edited 27 May 2018 at 8:33AM
    ifstar wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the setting of it and it looks fantastic on the X. If you enjoyed the previous 2 then you should enjoy this.

Thanks.

Not got an X yet but it is something Im planning on getting at some point this year.

Ok well its good so far, similar premise to previous FC games, not sure I like how you can only carry a rifle or a bow, would prefer both if im honest.

Ive managed to lose the bow that was in the preppers bunker, no idea how Ill get it back but could do with it.

It is similar to previous FC with needing to liberate outposts etc.
  • chippy2u
    chippy2u Posts: 320
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Finished the game on PS4. Replaying at the moment. It's an open world with no particular order to play. It definately pays to spend some time getting decent weapons and as money is quite hard to come by there are plenty of side missions which do help to level up. I agree with donnajunkie that at first you wonder what the hell you are supposed to be doing but just enjoy it and things will start to fall into place. Overall a pretty good game but can't make up my mind if it is better than FC4 or not!
  • Chickabiddybex
    Chickabiddybex Posts: 1,346
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    I personally loved Far Cry 3 but Far Cry 4 bored me because it was just more of the same. Is 5 different enough to be interesting?
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    Forumite
    I personally loved Far Cry 3 but Far Cry 4 bored me because it was just more of the same. Is 5 different enough to be interesting?

Its does feel different but you still do far cry things like take outposts. Just did a flying mission that i found tough because handling of the plane was more realistic i think. I did an hilarious mission not long ago called testy festy. i wont say what it involves because i dont want to spoil it for anyone.
  • DCFC79
    Forumite

Its a different setting. I believe theres not as much crafting to do(its what Id read but so far ive done alot of crafting). Its a similar setup as DJ says, theres still outposts etc to take out, various vehicles to use (again Im sure Id read this earlier that there's a wider range to use), kill and sell animal skins etc.

Ive found it annoying as I took over 1 farm and the next day I went on the game theres a cult guy on the farm so, Im like WTH.

I like how the HUD is limited eg no on screen map, the amoint pf ammo you have isnt constantly on, if you press reload it will show.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure