npower - sheer incompetence

Options
13»

Comments

• egyptiancotton
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    If it was resolved in the first place, they would not need to "roll back" anything (undo it all and redo it correctly, doh!) would they? They really must think we are all as thick as they are!

Exactly. They had no choice but to admit it when I questioned their reasons to rollback to July 2016.
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Well done for sticking with it, lloydyyy. I have found the only way to deal with energy/telecoms companies is to treat them as challenged children while ensuring they know there are boundaries I will not allow them to cross, such as shafting me.

Hope I was of some use.

I appreciate the confidence boost and your posts have definitely been useful. Luckily I've kept detailed notes of what happened the first time and this time, including call logs and e-mails - all have been sent to the EO. I can't wait to switch supplier and start again.
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    There's been an update applied to my online account where I logged the complaint with the EO. I made a resolution proposal for npower to clear the £97.75 on the account as full and final resolution of the complaint. The EO's update is that this proposal is being issued. I'm not sure if I could've perhaps asked for more, but it's a step in the right direction at least.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think asking for more would be taking the proverbial. Keeping things reasonable and civil stands one in good stead for the next complaint/compo, I find. Good result.
  • egyptiancotton
    egyptiancotton Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 February 2018 at 5:12PM
    Options
    Great news - I've won the case without any dispute from npower! :j

The EO has reviewed the evidence and ruled in my favour. The proposed resolution is credit of £97.75 to clear the outstanding balance as a gesture of goodwill and a letter of apology. I'm really pleased with the outcome and that the whole issue is finally over for good. I can now switch to a cheaper supplier and start again.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done, lloydyyy. You really need to be persistent with these companies. I think they rely on the fact most people just can't be bothered with their tsunamis of BS and give up. Give yourself a pat on the back. :T:cool:
  • egyptiancotton
    egyptiancotton Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 May 2018 at 11:23AM
    Options
    I can't believe it but it's happened again.

My dual-fuel account has been messed up again - separate account number for electricity which is now apparently on a PAYG meter, someone else's payments and meter readings. It's a mess.

Can I go straight back to the EO or do I need to log a new complaint with npower and reference the previous complaints? This is the final straw.

Update: I spoke to the EO this morning and asked for their advice. They're classing this is as a failed remedy and failed investigation, so the case is being re-opened and it'll be escalated. I'll hear from the EO in a few days. In the meantime I'll contact npower to raise a complaint and refer to the most recent complaint which was escalated to the EO. Then when npower provides a reference number, I'll pass this along with my evidence to the EO.
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    Good news, I had an update from the EO this morning: "After consulting with an ombudsman it has been decided that your case will now progress to a full investigation. An investigation officer will be in touch in due course."
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    The EO has ruled in my favour, again.

The investigating officer said he is not satisfied the complaint has been dealt with correctly. npower took no further steps to resolve this issue, as he would have expected. There was a lack of ownership of my complaint, which resulted in me escalating the complaint to Ombudsman Services causing further delays and inconvenience.

Following his investigation of my complaint, his decision requires npower to:
    • issue letter of apology for any inconvenience caused;
    • provide confirmation that npower have arranged for electricity metering details to be amended by local Meter Operator to show credit meter at site and not a prepayment meter;
    • provide confirmation that once MOPs (Meter Operators) have amended to show the credit meter msn 1368974 is still at site address and not removed then npower will arrange a revised bill for energy from 21 July 2016 onwards; and
    • provide an additional £50.00 goodwill to account.

He mentioned that npower will arrange for a revised bill to be produced from 21st July 2016 onwards. As the matter was previously resolved, my account should've been correctly billed up until the point where the issue reoccurred on 17th June 2018.

I was recently billed for period from 2nd February 2018 to 25th April 2018, with a debit which I cleared. A Direct Debit of £61 was taken on 8th May 2018, and another of £32 was taken on 6th June 2018. Therefore, my account should be £93 in credit. The issue in question reoccurred on 17th June 2018 - I asked if npower would be able to bill me from the date I was last billed (25th April 2018), rather than produce a new bill from 21st July 2016. The investigating officer said a new bill would be produced and I can raise any questions should I need to do so.

As soon as a new bill has been produced, I'm switching supplier.
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    The EO ruled in my favour again recently and awarded an additional £50 in compensation. I've had a revised bill from July 2016 to July 2018 which is correct. I asked to see a statement of account, and that seems to be in order as well. npower has updated my electricity meter details on the national database to the correct details. I asked npower why this issue reoccurred again, and their response was that the meter supplier had informed them of the incorrect details. Which is strange, because I hadn't had a meter inspection in the months before this issue reoccurred. Anyway, all seems to be well and I'm now looking to switch supplier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure