Removing yellow stains from shirt

Options
Hi, several of my work shirts have yellow stains on the back. Is there any way to remove them? They are a mix of cotton and polyester, and coloured like the example below:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/2in-longer-easy-to-iron-shirt-with-pocket/p/p22495194?image=SD_03_T11_5118L_RA_X_EC_90&color=ROYALBLUE&prevPage=plp

I tried soaking one in warm water with soda crystals and then washing it normally. It had no effect.

Comments

• Head_The_Ball
    Head_The_Ball Posts: 4,067 Forumite
    Options
    What has caused the yellow stains?

Or shouldn't I ask? :eek:

:rotfl:
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try soaking them in Napisan. I had a long white dress that had been discoloured from hanging in the wardrobe for ages, bought it up a treat. It also brings up my husbands pillowcases that suffer from 'man head' up white again too.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What are you washing them in normally? I find bio powder much better at removing sweat stains (if that's what they are) than non-bio liquid or powder.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It also brings up my husbands pillowcases that suffer from 'man head' up white again too.

I do wish I hadn't read this.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    napisan is good for white cottons, you need that net whitener for nylon fabrics. Both will fade the colour slightly though.

Im assuming youve tried the usual laundry stain remover.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Options
    I get some yellowing in some white sports gear; I recently tried spraying it with some foot & shoe spray and it seems to be better!
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    napisan is good for white cottons, you need that net whitener for nylon fabrics. Both will fade the colour slightly though.

Im assuming youve tried the usual laundry stain remover.

I use Napisan on my bras too.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try soaking them in Napisan. I had a long white dress that had been discoloured from hanging in the wardrobe for ages, bought it up a treat. It also brings up my husbands pillowcases that suffer from 'man head' up white again too.

!!!!!! is "Man head"?
  • FluffityBunny
    FluffityBunny Posts: 222 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good tip as well is to hang them out to dry on a very sunny day, the UV rays help to bleach out stains
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure