Barrier scam

2»

Comments

• Gravedigger
    Gravedigger Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I joined London Underground in 1996 and it was endemic then. We watched for tailgating and even forcing the gates which can be done if you get a good run up. I worked Leicester Square Group so the clubbers when !!!!ed were the worst.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    elverson wrote: »
    Not sure that's true, I regularly see "plain clothes" revenue staff at my local tube station and they quite often pull people up once they've gone through the barriers.

Yes, it is true. Those people you see are revenue protection, they are not station staff, station staff have been told not to stop fare evaders.
    agrinnall wrote: »
    The bit I've highlighted sounds like complete cobblers to me, unless you or they are suggesting that fare evasion is limited to certain races.

Unfortunately at certain stations, yes, that is the case. It isn't 'cobblers' for those station staff who are going to work every day just doing their jobs and are assaulted and abused as a result.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker

Unfortunately at certain stations, yes, that is the case. It isn't 'cobblers' for those station staff who are going to work every day just doing their jobs and are assaulted and abused as a result.

In that case are they free to challenge white people evading fares, or are you suggesting that white people never do that? If it's the latter then I know for a fact that it is indeed cobblers as I've seen it happen myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure