• davidscot
    davidscot Posts: 597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    custardy wrote: »
    So not VR. Headphones.
    Can you post the pictures?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-r2xXu2yA

so this?
    Yes that is the type of headphones I was meaning, maybe I have described them wrongly but still no further forward getting any contact details or help from Sony. Pictures were sent and on the basis of these pictures they will not repair or replace
  • davidscot
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Why not post the photo of the damage ?

Pictures were taken as requested and sent to Sony
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    davidscot wrote: »
    Pictures were taken as requested and sent to Sony

They meant post them here. You have no contract with Sony.
    you need to push back to Argos
    however if the damage is as per the video,its an easy self fix.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    They meant post them here. You have no contract with Sony.
    you need to push back to Argos
    however if the damage is as per the video,its an easy self fix.

Yes I meant post them on here, should have been more explicit.
  • Chickabiddybex
    Chickabiddybex Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    Maybe they dismissed your claim because you told them you had a broken VR headset and then sent them pictures of headphones?
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • davidscot
    Brown99 wrote: »
    Give please more details

Give more details of what?
    The original post was for anyone to be able to provide me contact details of Sony Customer Services and, no offence guys, all I have had is questions about what I have done wrong.
    Nobody seems to be answering my question regards Sony
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Give more details of what?
    The original post was for anyone to be able to provide me contact details of Sony Customer Services and, no offence guys, all I have had is questions about what I have done wrong.
    Nobody seems to be answering my question regards Sony

Because its not the answer (FYI you are answering a spammer building post count)
    Your contract is with Argos,why do you think escalating with Sony will change their opinion?
    If they are over 6 months old then the onus is on you to prove the fault. From Sony's view this is physical damage,hence why they have refused repair.
  • woody2234
    woody2234 Posts: 414 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 April 2018 at 10:25AM
    So just to confirm they are SONY HEADPHONES and you have not uploaded a picture so Im guessing these are the ones

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/2746269

And you brought them more than 6 or 12 months ago and Argos say no refund but I thought you get a 1 year guarantee

Also can you take it to your local Sony Centre
    Let them eat cake (Marie Antoinette 1765)
  • davidscot
    Because its not the answer (FYI you are answering a spammer building post count)
    Your contract is with Argos,why do you think escalating with Sony will change their opinion?
    If they are over 6 months old then the onus is on you to prove the fault. From Sony's view this is physical damage,hence why they have refused repair.

Argos refuse refund yes. Tell me to contact Sony yes. Sony refuse to repair/replace yes. Ask for Sony Customer Service address no
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Argos refuse refund yes. Tell me to contact Sony yes. Sony refuse to repair/replace yes. Ask for Sony Customer Service address no

They dont appear to have one. If youd like to contact them in realtion to a product you need to use their online form or telephone.
    +44 (0) 2073652810
    Opening hours:
    Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 18:00

Worth remembering that you have no contract with sony. Your contract is with argos and they are the only people who are legally obliged to deal with you. Sony can and apparently have told you theyre not interested. You might get a result emailing a ceo or writing a letter. Lets say you kick up a fiuss with sony and they still say no, what are you planning on doing? Your options will be pretty much limited to looking cross. Where as you deal with argos (the people youre supposed to) and they dont give you an answer you can take them to court, youll have much more of a case against argos than you will sony seeing as you bought the item from argos not sony.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure