Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Comments

• Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi glentoran99,

I'm sorry to hear that it's taken longer that expected for you to receive your refund.

So I can get this looked into further, please email me via the contact details provided in post 1221 above.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi glentoran99,

I'm sorry to hear that it's taken longer that expected for you to receive your refund.

So I can get this looked into further, please email me via the contact details provided in post 1221 above.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media

Sent, Lets see if you can do any better than, the others who have lied to me
  • glentoran99
    No response??
  • To what address shall I issue a formal complaint in writing.

Thank you
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    It's easy enough to find online.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/complaints/
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi glentoran99,

Thanks for coming back to me.

If you haven't received a reply to your email, please update the thread with your email reference number so I can check to see what's happening.

In the event that you didn't receive an automated reply, please email us again with a contact number only at eforum.web@help.vodafone.co.uk and quote WRT135 in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • glentoran99
    Never got an email reply, Never mind though got a refund, although they somehow managed to balls that up and refunded 1p too much generating a bill for 1p, I left Vodafone in October 2016....... Still getting bills !!!!!!
  • Not surprised to see that the Vodafone Complaints thread is one of the longest around.

I was hung up on by a sales adviser the other week (having waiting for 30 minutes to have my call answered) when trying to sort out moving my parents' business accounts to personal accounts with a view to upgrading as well.

Not great service for my parents, seeing that my Dad has been a customer of Vodafone for over 30 years and hasn't asked for anything when it comes to renewal.

When I called back a week later, the "offer" for my parents to stay didn't shout loyalty at all and "was the most" they could offer.

Will be calling up tomorrow and getting a PAC and advising my parents to move away from Vodafone.

DFW 2021 - £6,851.06 / £7,147.80 (95.85%)

DFW 2022 - £2,169.99 / £2,169.99 (100%)

DFW 2023 - £0,00 / £2,207.83 (0.00%)

Tilly Tidy 2022 - Jan £23.71 - Feb £73.75 - Mar £95.30 (Q1 savings used on holiday spending money) - Apr £68.90 - May £32.26 & Chase Roundup £392.63

Debts (as at 03/10/2022)
    M&S Loan - £0.00 (cleared 28/02/22 - £4285.37)
    MBNA C/C - £0.00 (cleared 02/01/22)
    Lloyds C/C - £0.00 (cleared 03/10/22)

• I have cancelled with my account in May last year due to the problems and failed promises of transferring my number and the poor customer service. I only had the account for about one week.

As far as i was concerned my account was closed last May as per my request.

I checked my credit report in October/November only to discover that the account was still open. I contacted Experian who advised that they would contact Vodafone.

I recently looked at my credit report again to find that the account is still active. I contacted Vodafone through email to advise that the account was still open after i closed it last year and they were contacted by Experian to confirm the same. Esentially this can have an adverse effect on my credit score and im sure it must be against data protection in still holding my personal and account details when i have specifically requested for them to close the account.

I have a phone call from a customer advisor, who advised it was a billing error but they would arrange to have it resolved. I wasnt happy due to the fact that we are 11 months on and it is still not resolved. They didnt deal with it when Experian contacted them either.

I requested all the information which Vodafone held on me due to the fact that i want to take this further either higher up in Vodafone or preferably outwith Vodafone as it appears i am not the only case this is happening too. I was advised i would have to pay £10 and wait 40 days. Surely you would expect that when Vodafone was in the wrong that this should be something which they would provide FOC and in a speedy response but it appears as i want to take it further that they make it difficult to escalate this any further.

Another call from Vodafone today to advise i have to wait till May before they can close the account....completely unacceptable. Whilst the advisor went on about policies and procedures they couldnt answer the quaetion about what policy and procedures was followed when they have now not closed my account after being requested by myself and Experian. I requested a supervisor but they didnt want to speak to me. As per there procedure i would have to wait 48 hours for a call back. They refuse to tell me how i take it any further and refuse to escalate the complaint.

They dictate on the phone about policy and procedures but no one seems to be aware what they are and the fact they should not be holding peoples personal or account details when they have requested them not to.

Horrible company to deal with thankfully i left before the contract even got started.

Does anyone know how to escalate this any further as clearly no one in Vodafone wants to deal with it?

Thanks

Will
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Contact the WRT as instructed endlessly on the main Vodafone complaints thread. You can't stimply "end" or close a contract; it needs to run it's minimum term or you will pay that anyway. You need to give 30 day's notice to end it - perhaps where May was mentioned. Have direct debits been going out? If so the contract was still running and "open". There is no cooling off period with mobile contracts unless bought over the phone (excluding so-called "upgrades") or internet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure