Bank balance very odd help

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Yes very strange that you believe you need to pay the BBC to watch any channel do you also pay Ford a fee when you buy a toyota? Or pay tesco a fee to shop in any other supermarket?

You do because the law says so.
    Beyond the illogical nature why would you continue to fund a company who have proven to have used the license fee payers money to cover up institutional child abuse in the biggest scale ever seen? Let alone being caught multiple times creating fake news propaganda stories. Bizarre indeed.

I'm sorry but this is just hyperbole and gibberish. It is worthy of the Daily Mail (that isn't praise, by the way).
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    I just don't know what to recommend here, a calculator or a psychiatrist.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I just don't know what to recommend here, a calculator or a psychiatrist.

Good question.

As the OP has ignored/failed to answer my very simple question to him/her several times now, despite their returning to the thread each time, perhaps the latter would suit best.. I'm now giving up on the OP - and perhaps everyone else should too.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    OP might finds these links useful:

OP could post a copy of their bank statement here, after carefully redacting personal information, to allow those with better number skills to assist them.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 9 March 2018 at 8:05AM
    The 1204 is as folllows

725 rent
    140 council tax
    120 for a club membership
    50 monthly food shop
    50 car insurance
    24 club membership
    24 software package
    23 phone
    19 software package
    19 internet
    10 software package

In addition there is 170 that goes out aswell
    100 garage rent
    70 finance agreement

Total 1374

1944-1374 =570

I pay with debit card for any additional spend these transactions such as ATM withdrawals and petrol station charges all add up to 141.

In addition I have not bought unusual amounts of stuff or any big purchases and cannot see where the 429 has gone.

On paper I should easily be able to save 300-400 a month. There is nothing in my spending that would be consuming this money. Yet I dont have it:mad:
    It seems to me that you are saying 'I earn X each month and I spend a fixed amount Y so I should have Z left but I don't' without actually looking at where the money is going from the account.
    Every transaction will be detailed on a statement. This is nothing to do with fraud as if a transaction was fraudulent it would still appear on the statement.
    Do you actually check your statements or are you just working on the 'I should have Z left each month' assumption without actually looking at the statements to see where it is going?

What you have written above is fine as a statement of your outgoings but it is absolutely meaningless in terms of your actual day-to-day bank balance.

For example, lets take the £50 monthly food shop. Do you withdraw £50 in cash once a month or do you pay by debit card or by credit card or how? How does this £50 monthly food shop appear on your bank statement.

You need to actually check your bank statements and you will see where the money is going. Every transaction will be shown there.

You say that you spend an additional £141 every month for things like petrol. That's about £35 a week. You say you use your debit card for this so the transactions will all be there in black and white on your statement. Presumably this covers your petrol, your travel costs for getting to and from work and so on? Do you really exist on £50 worth of food a month plus whatever is left from the £35 per-week after you have bought your petrol and covered your travel costs to and from work? No eating out, no lunches at work, no drinks in the pub. no cups of coffee out anywhere? What about other household needs for the bathroom, kitchen, cleaning etc. Car repairs. MOT. You make no mention of gas and electricity costs. If you use pre-payment meters does this come out of the £35 per-week as well? Do you never buy clothes? And so on ....
    You also appear to be spending a disproportionate amount of your income on club memberships and software packages.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,098 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Still so many unanswered questions. A monthly budget cannot be rigid as some things only appear once a quarter, once a year, holidays, car servicing/MOT ?

I don't believe you only spend £50 a month on food. 3 meals a day for under £2 ? What about the coffees and sandwiches you buy on the way to work - the milk and bread you buy on the way home; does that really come out of your £141 ATM withdrawal ?

What about utilities ?

I'm still waiting to know about what you use for cash ?

Sadly I think the post #23 re a physciatrist is relevant - have a look at OP other thread on employment.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Obviously not can you read?
    Petrol station charges are exactly that money spent at petrol stations ( not sure what you are trying to infer here) I spend 50 a month in a big food shop and freeze things 50 is pleanty. VED I pay annually not monthly and I dont pay the !!!!!phile proctection racket fund AKA BBC "TV license"
    Yes very strange that you believe .............

I've got to say that after reading your replies on this thread and previous threads on a career change, you seem very angry at the world (and people).

My advice is not to ask questions on an internet forum if you're going to be angry at those answering you. Very soon you'll find people will ignore you, or you will be treated as a troll and then you'll be even angrier.
  • Badger50
    Badger50 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Given the club memberships and software packages I would check for any old direct debits and standing orders which haven't been cancelled. And some organisations may retain debit card details and call off from them on a regular basis. (Subscriptions to Which? magazine work like this).
  • Shashy
    Shashy Posts: 139 Forumite
    Best thread of the week. By a mile.

WHAT. WAS. YOUR. OPENING. BALANCE?
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    I think they've gone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories