Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 11

Comments

• dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Paid for 2 books I ordered through Amazon,£9,so I have put £4.50 in the pot,and still saved myself £4.50 I would have spent if I hadnt got Xmas gift cards. I get most books from the library :) so I eke those gift cards out as far as possible.:)
    Also potted £6.50 because I downgraded my TalkTalk broadband:j:j
    They wanted my payment for my new contract to go up from £32 a month to £38,so I dumped the fast fibre,went back to basic. Noticeably slower,but I dont download films or videos etc,the 17 megs level is totally adequate for my simple browsing needs and I will save a bundle.Once my son left home there was a major drop in usage,from about 40 GB a month to around 8 now!:j:j
    New payment £25.50 a month,that will be another £54 for the pot by Nov 1st:T:T:T
  • The OH has finally dragged himself out of bed after a night out around town last night! The first thing he did was take out his wallet and said, "I suppose I should put some of my change in your pot things".

His wallet was bulging and I know he always pays in notes on nights out so I was super excited.
    "How much did you put in?" I asked hopefully.
    "36p," he said.

36p?! :mad: It's a start I suppose...
    LBM: October 2016: £20,130 / Current: May 2019: £12,576 37.53%
    DFD: [STRIKE]February 2024[/STRIKE] April 2022?
  • Sue-UU
    Sue-UU Posts: 9,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 January 2018 at 3:08PM
    Hello,

Can I join?? I've decided that I want to save all my change this year and I'd love to put anything other than 20p's (just joined the 20p challenge) in a pot and count it on the 1st Nov. I'm not much of a chatter but I'll update every week :) if not more depending on the change situation and I'm now on the hunt for "roadkill" lol!!!
    klbooth wrote: »
    Hi, I know I am a little late but would like to join in on the challenge please. With it being a sealed pot and my memory being rubbish I suspect I won't have any updates until November when I crack it open. I am setting a reminder on my calendar for 1st November though for the grand opening!
    Owen1991 wrote: »
    Looking to join up, I know it's a few days late but better late than never.

Hopefully 2018 will be a big saving year for me :)

Owen1991
    Hi, I’m a bit slow on the uptake, but recently found these challenges! Please can I join?

Thank you!

It's NEVER TOO LATE to join us simplelivingislandlife 037, klbooth No 039, Owen1991 No 044, twigletsmum No 045. A very warm welcome! It's lovely to have you with us. :grinheart Have fun saving and enjoying the banter and advice etc. You'll find your numbers (see above) near the top of the list on the 2nd post of page 1. Please read through post 1 as it'll let you know exactly what to do with the challenge. PS. We always empty our pots and declare our savings in November, please make a note of this year's date: 1st Nov 2018.

Please also subscribe to the thread by clicking on "Thread Tools" (lower green bar) and clicking "Subscribe to this thread"...or you may lose us! To put your SPC No on, go to "Quick Links" (right side of top green bar), click and then click on "Edit Signature" and you're away. ;)

*Please pop your number on your sig, it really helps me.

simplelivingislandlife - You’re not compelled to natter, so long as you come on once a week that’ll be fine, apart from that, it’s always lovely to see members fairly regularly. From what you’re saying I think, like the rest of us, you’ll soon find potting to be addictive! :D

klbooth - it’s never too late to join SPC. It’s wonderful to hear you’ve already put the declaration date on your calendar!! :j

Many thanks for the lovely welcome, siju :staradmin, 166million :staradminand 3forholidays :staradmin, it’s always good for new members to feel so welcome ASAP. Here’s a lovely shiny gold star for you all and thank you so much indeed. BTW 166million, brilliant work with the 5p turned 20p!!!! You gave me a real giggle with what you said!!

Hi again folks! I hope you're all enjoying a great weekend!! To all those members who are ill, low or in a pickle in anyway, here's hoping you will soon be feeling so much better. For now, please accept these {{{Hugs}}} from all the SPC family! :grinheart

A very Happy New Year to you also Jaydee92! Great saving in spending and fantastic potting as a result!!! :dance:A good beginning to the new year if you ask me!

Clearly a case of seek and you will find, Littlebigmoose! Well potted! ;)

Don’t worry seekingthesunlight, you’re forgiven for being MIA so long as you’ve been potting! ;) Shrapnel is always good for potting, and here’s hoping you’ll be really chuffed with whatever you can pot from your loan!! :T

I couldn’t believe when reading your post just now, Saver-upper, that you are a fellar?!!!!!! All the time of reading your posts and talking to you.... I thought you were the female OH of your family!!!!!! I’m totally stunned!!! I would say get over your man flu but I’m not that cruel! One thing’s for sure, you know my ways by now!!!
    BTW What a very happy and kind customer you have, and what a find!!!

Well you’ve been fortunate in the past, dustydigger, and you just never know when a little bit of luck might strike. Meanwhile keep hopeful and carry on budgeting well!

Re your latest post: I couldn’t have been more shocked to hear you had lost the money that was swapped presumably using Co!nstar because “you hadn’t spent it all on the same day”??!!!!!! :eek::eek: I’ve never heard anything like it before!!! It sounds as though you were conned for sure! :(
    Anyway, I’m pleased to hear that CU have started up again, and whatever you’re deciding to do with it that’s fine by us!
    Fingers crossed for your cooker! Our washing machine has just “gone” after making a noise like an Apache helicopter on the spin cycle since before Christmas, more expenditure! BTW Just seen your very latest post and whoooopppeeee!!!! See, you’re saving brilliantly!!!!!!

Excellent potting CavendishWobble!!!
    The £122 from your old pot of money can still be included with whatever you save this year on SPC. If you do then pop the amount onto your signature so you remember to include it in November!

Sorry to hear that you’ve got problems again, Westie, I hope you’re soon feeling much better.
    lynnejk wrote:
    Forgot it was Friday until just now. Can't seem to get back into routine yet - think it's because DH is under my feet at home all the time atm except when he goes to see a friend for the occasional coffee and chat.

You’re very welcome Lynne, it’s such a help to me anyway. So, I gather your DH is still at home, though I hope he’s able to get [STRIKE]from under your feet [/STRIKE] get another job soon but just hope it’s one he’ll like! Well done with your £10!! :j

Don’t give dance lessons another thought, DancingUnicorn, go for the cheaper deal! That’s a heck of an increase they’ve jumped to, who’s running it.... British Rail???!!!! :eek::rotfl: Reading your latest post gave me such a giggle, what's his name Rothschild?!!!!! :rotfl:

Well done arc2014!!! :D

Try and sort a pot out without splashing out, babs 123, do your best with the nutty choccie jar, where there’s a will and all that!!! ;)

The normal I see Chutney, perfect potting!!! :cool:

He come on now missjec! A resolution is exactly that so stay firm and stick to it!!! ;)

£12.32 is a fantastic sum Iheart, brilliant potting!!! :dance:

Hello again skilly, it’s really lovely to see you here again! :j I’ve missed you so please come and see us more often! Well done with the potting and VERY well done with your money from 2017!!!!

Thanks for the heads up for anyone who didn’t know MrsShazbat, but to be honest I think all banks have them now which is a darned good job! Let’s hope Coin :staradmin now become redundant!!! Good savings btw!!

It’s always amazing to read posts such as yours, Whatshername, isn’t it amazing how SPC stops us in our tracks from spending cash and - saving it instead!!!!! Please pop you No on you siggy!! For instructions see the welcome notice above!

Well done MissDM!!!! Even with NSDs (no spending days) it’s still surprising to have the possibilities to be able to save!!! Keep it up!

A lovely £15 has just been tucked into my chicken pot, it has a base that unscrews to make saving notes so much easier.

Have a super Sunday, SPCers! You are all doing so well with potting, be proud of yourselves and keep it going!!!!

Opening date for SPC 11 will be 1st November 2018

Anyone wishing to join us, it's NEVER too late, so please just ask, you'll be made very welcome.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 001 My Totals = 08 = £163.95 09 = £315.78 10 = £518.80 11 = £481.87 12 = £694.53 13 = £1200.20! 14 = £881 15 = £839.21 16 = £870.48 17 = £871.52 18 = £800.00 19 = £851.022021=£820.26[/SizeGrand Totals of all members (2008 uncounted) 2009 = £32.154.32! 2010 = £37.581.47! 2011 = £42.474.34! 2012 = £49.759.46! 2013 = £50.642.78! 2014 = £61.367.88!! 2015 = £52.852.06! 2016 = £52, 002.40!! 2017 = £50,456.23!! 2018 = £47, 815.88! 2019 = £38.538.37!!!! :j
  • klbooth
    klbooth Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the welcome Su, and thanks for the tip about the signature, I was doing it the long way!!!! Much better now :) Will investigate the subscribing thing next.....
  • Iheart
    Iheart Posts: 176 Forumite
    55p potted today.
    SPC12 #106
  • Jaydee92
    Jaydee92 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Potted the change I had from paying for the bridge tolls, will be glad when those are scrapped, going down in price tomorrow though :)
    SPC 11 - Number 322
    2018 1% Challenge - Number 30

Debt: January 2016 - £29,524.74 :mad:
    January 2018 - £19,769.91
  • Owen1991
    Owen1991 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for the welcome Su, my pots made and I've added my change in to start me off :)
    Number is also in my sig :)
    2021 - £11250 Saved || 2020 - £4750 Saved || 2019 - £4000 Saved || 2018 - £9000 Saved
  • MrsShazbat
    MrsShazbat Posts: 768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I still think it's ludicrous that "banks" hold so little cash. I mean, I get it on the one hand - safety - but seriously? I drew our lottery syndicate's money out of the Santander cash machine the week before Christmas. With hindsight I should've just gone to the counter in the first place but I was trying not to keep hubby waiting. Of course, the machine gave me £20s when I needed £10s and £5s. So I ended up at the counter anyway. I then had to pay the cash back in, to draw it back out in the denominations required - the cashier couldn't just change it for me. A couple of years ago when I needed 28 pound coins for the same purpose, I was told they didn't have enough in the till to give me!
    SPCNo.17 #20 (16 £678; 15 £1120.92; 14 £416.53; 13 £191.52; 12 £260.48; 11 £480.95; 10 £682.31; 9 £442.64)
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ooooh,off to re-read my post to see what made Sue think I was the bloke of the family?No,definitely the lady of the manor,Sue :).Was it the use of the word partner?That is only cos we're not married.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• thank you sue-uu

I have potted 84p into my wedding fund & £3 into emergency fund pot
    (I recently moved £210 into my online emergency fund)

I'll put the £1 from my Christmas fund into my emergency fund tin as I'm now doing just Christmas on my online banking
    Debt to fiancee - £404.00 (left to pay) | Save £12,000 in 2018 - £371.90 all together|2,018 items in 2018 (8/2,018)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure