This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    Hello sweetie,

Well done you for taking control. You have been in my thoughts a lot, it seems like 2018 will be a bit of a make or break year for you, and I am pleased you have a plan in place to protect YOU.

Hope you are now fast asleep and well rested. Take care xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    Horses should always be at the forefront of our minds. Believe it or not, men can take care of themselves:rotfl:
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lots of things accomplished there! I try to get things out of my head overnight by listing them on the notes app on my phone, but you actually Do The Things! Very impressive. Including managing to eat chocolates at that time of day :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Well done on starting the spotted hanky fund. :) And well done MH for not being silly (I've definitely found change of circumstances/mindset makes a world of difference! Shame one can't manufacture that on demand).
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Well done on the start to the Spotted Hanky Fund.

I hate that thing when you wake up in the night and remember something you need to do. It always used to happen to me when I remembered something for work on Good Friday night and I couldn't take any action until the following Tuesday!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Watty, just caught up with your diary and am sorry to read some of your updates. I hope everything works out and 2018 is a better year for you. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Good for you on the savings account. Have you put the open payment for counselling to a stop? Sorry if I missed an update about that.
    As for the relatives they are clearly able to look after themselves and the youngsters may not even know the trouble caused by their father. I am sure they would prefer to make their own ways.
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good for you on the savings account. Have you put the open payment for counselling to a stop? .

It seems Mr Watty signed up for a three month programme and the bill was for that. He is finding it helpful. I am unimpressed with friend and have barely spoken to her since. But a good reminder that I need to let her know she does not have permission to charge my card again. I've told Mr Watty if he wishes to continue with her, which he does, he must come up with a plan for the money.

That might sound harsh but he and his family need to resolve matters and right now my fund is more important to me.
    As for the relatives they are clearly able to look after themselves and the youngsters may not even know the trouble caused by their father. I am sure they would prefer to make their own ways.
    Yes I sense they really would. I liked the boys a lot, the younger one and his girlfriend were clearly baffled as to why they had been pulled along.

Thanks for the reminder.... will email her now to say she does not have permission to charge my card again.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Up early to help friend move her horse from one livery yard to another. She is moving because, with just three days notice, she was told her bill was going up by £200 a month !! I had suggested she move her boy in here as that rise is way too much, but, a yard she knew had a space she has gone there. Didn't really want a livery although her boy is so nice would happily take him for a while. Nice horsey morning then watched TV and did a spot of decluttering this afternoon.
    No idea what will happen this year, but one thing for sure, I will most certainly not need to buy underwear, socks or tights for the next few years! Decluttering and tidying has revealed a stash of said items!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    A lot to be said for warm extremities!

£200 A month! Our vendor balked when I wanted to charge her £150 for three!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback