twitter shadowban

Comments

• Abominus
    Abominus Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    toniq wrote: »
    I think you are fine, I've seen your entries into my comp come through ok, I think twitter is very quiet at the moment, if you can see your comments under private browsing then you are fine.

Mines been quiet for the last week or so, but I have tweeted companies regarding xmas presies and had responses.

Tweet me if you want to check to see if I see it.

x

Thanks for the response, hopefully it's just my paranoia. Never had so few notifications, seemed really odd. Usually get a bunch throughout the day, the only notifications i've had were from you. I thought that might be because we follow each other though, don't know if that makes a difference. I'm going to plow on until i get a response from a company.

Much appreciated as always, you are awesome.
  • mmm_wine
    mmm_wine Posts: 822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have been shadow banned for ages now... I'm starting to think i should start a new twitter account??
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    I can't tweet since I used gleam a few hours ago:(
    2018 wins-12wins
  • serenity2012
    serenity2012 Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I found out a bit more about shadowbanning. Basically unless the account is already following you they won't see anything you do. retweeting the comp etc, comments. Twitter don't tell you and with me it lasts for around 2 days each time. If FB and twitter don't want you to share or retweet etc, instead of coming down on those who enter why aren't they coming down on the comp runners themselves. FB is getting worse. More and more comp runners are now demanding tagging 5 or more people.
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff :)
    :beer::beer::)
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Abominus wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, hopefully it's just my paranoia. Never had so few notifications, seemed really odd. Usually get a bunch throughout the day, the only notifications i've had were from you. I thought that might be because we follow each other though, don't know if that makes a difference. I'm going to plow on until i get a response from a company.

Much appreciated as always, you are awesome.

Although I'm not shadowbanned, I haven't had twitter notifications for months. The only notifications I do get are direct messages. Checked my settings, but makes no difference... :(
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    I found out a bit more about shadowbanning. Basically unless the account is already following you they won't see anything you do. retweeting the comp etc, comments. Twitter don't tell you and with me it lasts for around 2 days each time. If FB and twitter don't want you to share or retweet etc, instead of coming down on those who enter why aren't they coming down on the comp runners themselves. FB is getting worse. More and more comp runners are now demanding tagging 5 or more people.

Instagram is getting bad for tagging too "Tag four friends to win a lipstick"
    2018 wins-12wins
  • Abominus
    Abominus Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post

Yeah, that's the conclusion i've come to as well. Usually win on average about once a week on twitter. Haven't won anything for a month now, pretty sure my entries are not being counted. Tried leaving it several days, notifications start working again then as soon as i start doing anything ... shadowban. Only notifications i get are from people that follow me, so i guess they are the only ones that see my tweets. Tempted to abandon my account and start over, has anyone done this?
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have kept my original account, but make sure I keep my activity to only about four or five tweets in any half hour period. Funnily enough, I did win a phone case on twitter since doing this, having not won anything on twitter for a long time.
  • I am really sorry about dragging up an old thread but I used to keep hearing the word Shadow Banned and didn't think much of it however I have not won on Twitter for ages so thought I would use one of those free checkers and it has infact told me I am shadow banned, I then read more about it and it seems your hashtags do not show up.

So surely if a promoter chooses a winner via a Hashtag I have no chance? I made up a hashtag and got a friend to search the hashtag and nothing came up. They then searched my name and no tweets came up in the search other than when other non shadow banned people mentioned me. Could this be why I am not winning?

I have contacted Twitter but I am so annoyed and convinced this has something to do with not winning. I think it's because I do alot of rafflecopter in one go maybe, tempted to create a new account for RTs and use my current one for Rafflecopters.

These social media sites banning people for being social is getting stupid!
    Ask.. Believe.. Receive..

Every Accomplishment Starts With The Decision To Try
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think this is indeed why you are not winning much. I have been shadowbanned more recently. I doubt twitter will admit you are shadowbanned, or even that such a thing exists. To save bothering friends, you can search yourself using an incognito window where you are not logged in to twitter.

I still don't get how some prolific users don't appear to be shadowbanned.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure