EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Progress:

- [STRIKE]Change out of work clothes[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Get clothes ready for tomorrow[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Oven on[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Prep veggies for roasting[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Veggies in oven[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Upper body/weights workout to routine devised by Mr EH[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Collapse in a painful heap until veggies are roasted [/STRIKE]
    - Finish sorting hi-res helicopter photos and dropbox
    - email dropbox link to the person who needs it
    - Cook sausages, eat dinner
    - [STRIKE]Clear memory cards[/STRIKE]
    - pack camera bag
    - sort out anything else I want for tomorrow and pop in bag by front door.
    - Put clothes into front room and makeup/hairbrush into bathroom - MrEH will NOT want disturbing at 5.30am
    - Throw a load into the washing machine to go through overnight
    - Tidy kitchen

A decent start. The veg is roasting (and starting to smell AMAZING) as I write. I'll go and check them in a minute and will do a few other odds and ends if they still need more time.

Weather forecast is still looking fab for tomorrow - so hoping for some good pics. :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    More Progress:

- [STRIKE]Change out of work clothes[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Get clothes ready for tomorrow[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Oven on[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Prep veggies for roasting[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Veggies in oven[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Upper body/weights workout to routine devised by Mr EH[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Collapse in a painful heap until veggies are roasted [/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Finish sorting hi-res helicopter photos and dropbox[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]email dropbox link to the person who needs it[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Cook sausages, eat dinner[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Clear memory cards[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]pack camera bag[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]sort out anything else I want for tomorrow and pop in bag by front door.[/STRIKE]
    - Put clothes into front room and makeup/hairbrush into bathroom - MrEH will NOT want disturbing at 5.30am
    - Throw a load into the washing machine to go through overnight
    - Tidy kitchen

Just those last few bits to get done and all sorted! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Happy new week all! :wave:

Finally got my fabulous blue skies on Friday and had a lovely time pointing my camera at Little Red jets all day! :D Bargainously cheap too - paid 57p for a bottle of water - annoyingly I had some in my car but we'd shifted into my mates car by then and left mine parked up so 57p it was.

The rest of the weekend continued in a similarly frugal vein on a personal level - but as we went in to pay for the kitchen units I can't say the same thing on a household level! :rotfl: Oh well - reminding myself that it DOES need doing, and that it WILL be fabulous... GULP! :o All being well we should have a start on 4th April on that - fingers crossed!

Other than that - £23.91 on weekly shop, and meal plan done to try to use up as many of the last odds and ends as possible from the cupboards.
    £3 spent in the charity shop while we were out yesterday - a candle-making kit with moulds, wicks, dyes and wax beads, and a single-cup teapot in exactly the same shade of purple as our larger one - brand new and never been used! :D :T

Lots of things making me feel lovely a bright and cheerful at the moment - 2 weeks until my friend gets back from deployment, another trip to Scampton planned for Friday so fingers crossed for weather again. My car has gone to the garage and should be having her belt and water pump replaced tomorrow - which will be pricey but is definitely needed after 125k miles.
    she/her
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely day out! I need to get out and about with my camera at some point. Is this a hobby or are you a professional? Fab news on the kitchen! I can't wait to have the time to put my house plans in place :D
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    It is such an upheaval to have work like that done, and it seems such a PITA while you are in the middle of it. It's like childbirth - once it's over you forget about the pain and can enjoy the results of the hard work. Soon it will all be a distant memory...

I'm glad you had some blue skies at last! Back to grey today, but spring is definitely here!
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    angelpye wrote: »
    Sounds like a lovely day out! I need to get out and about with my camera at some point. Is this a hobby or are you a professional? Fab news on the kitchen! I can't wait to have the time to put my house plans in place :D

Very definitely just a hobby - I have no interest in making money from it, just fun! :D Having said that, I've had oddments published over the years including most recently some bits I've done for the Reds - which is always nice!
    It is such an upheaval to have work like that done, and it seems such a PITA while you are in the middle of it. It's like childbirth - once it's over you forget about the pain and can enjoy the results of the hard work. Soon it will all be a distant memory...

I'm glad you had some blue skies at last! Back to grey today, but spring is definitely here!

I'd quite like to fast forward directly to the distant memory bit, to be honest...! :rotfl:

Plan for tonight is yet more kitchen emptying - can't believe that this time next week, all being well, it should be getting started! :eek: I've put together a rough meal plan for the weekend and start of next week that should tell us what we can now manage without from the kitchen cupboards, and also let me put together a shopping list ready for the weekend.
    Also need to go through the fridge to work out what can just be thrown out - you know, the odd scraps in a jar that lurk at the back... :o The freezer got defrosted on Sunday so that's one horrible job ticked off.

Must start putting together a list for the builder of what can go where in terms of appliances too - the dishwasher needs to go into our garage as I'm hoping to rehome that, the fridge freezer will have to go to the front room until the new one is up and running - hopefully the old one will then be able to be rehomed. The oven is past it and needs disabling and removing to outside for the council heavy squad to take away (or more likely the local !!!!!! who can sniff out junk at 100 yards) and the washing machine will have to decamp to the garage until it's time to reinstall it I think.

Need to go out at the weekend and buy:
    Paint
    Blinds
    Light Fitting
    Tap

In other spendacious news, I've twigged that both our passports need renewing this year so we can kiss goodbye to best part of £150 there there. Got to be done - mine at least needs doing ahead of September (expires August) and might as well get done sooner rather than later as the extra time will just run on.
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Passports are such an expense! I should have planned better than to have everyone's expire at the same time! I went through the new passport control at Heathrow last November and was impressed with the whole setup, though it was a bit like a sci-fi movie with the face scanning, etc.

I hope you have a productive weekend, it won't be long now until your kitchen is taking shape :beer:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Well kitchen is now 95% emptied with just the last bits to do this evening. We went out over the weekend and bought the blinds. Also went to try to get the tap we'd chosen only to discover that Homebase have discontinued it - would have been helpful if they'd bothered removing it from their display, too, then! :mad: I ordered the light fitting at lunch time so that should hopefully be ready to collect from store from tomorrow.

Tiles are ordered - delightfully cheap at under £200 for the tiles for the inside of the larder, the wall and the floor. There will be grout to think about on top of that and the other finishing type bits but we've still got some grout left from the bathroom which will help.

Also made final decisions on the appliances so now have those listed ready to order. Hoping to be able to find a discount code for AO when we come to order them.

Found a local charity that sell electricals in their shop who will take the old dishwasher and fridge freezer away for us once those are done with - the old cooker is completely past it and just needs scrapping.

Need to talk to the builder about adding an outside tap onto the spec for the works for us too - guess that's not a massive extra for him, and it'll make life masses easier for us when it comes to washing cars.

Can't believe it's finally happening! :T

Plans for food this week are last meal cooked in the old kitchen tonight - jacket potatoes, beans and cheese with salad! We know how to celebrate huh?! :rotfl: Tomorrow will be bolognese sauce with couscous - dead easy to reheat/cook just using the microwave and a kettle. Tomorrow we'll eat at the pub I think, or maybe grab fish & chips, we'll see. Thursday I'll drag the Shepherds pies out of the freezer and we can have those with veg of some description. Thankfully we're away from Friday right over the weekend which makes life easier.
    she/her
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay! How exciting! Well done for being so organised! Frustrating about the tap but sounds like everything else is in hand. Good luck :)
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Cheers Angel!

Last bits cleared out last night/this morning and when I left the first bit of cabinet had been ripped out and they were about to move the fridge freezer into the front room for us - having seen how much hassle the guys had getting it into the kitchen in the first place I decided that was a good point to leave! :rotfl:

Can't decide whether to collect the light fitting tonight or leave it until later in the week, closer to when it will be needed. To be honest the last thing we need is anything else cluttering the place up but I'm a bit concerned about forgetting to get it and then it's needed in a hurry....hmmm.

On the tap - I had a further look about yesterday and found a different one which we think we might go for - if we do it'll be a £40 saving on the other one we'd picked out to replace the discontinued choice.

In other news I had £10 in from one of the survey companies so I've paid that to the 0% card - signature updated to reflect. Waiting for one item to be validated from Prolific and will have another £10 to claim there. Having some issues getting into Opinion Outpost at the moment, but got a little rush of Populus Live stuff yesterday which was nice. Now on 31 points on there so well past the half way point. :T All still ticking along.

Spendiness: (Aside from the kitchen - that's SCARY spendiness!)
    Off to Bournemouth for the weekend for the Campaign for Real Ale Members Weekend and AGM - sharing accommodation with a load of friends, that's all paid for already so there will just be food to think about on top. We've agreed we're going to cover that from our own spending money rather than raiding our "fun" account as we'll be using that to pay for our Easter trip to Cornwall.
    I bought new walking trousers at the weekend as found a pair that I liked, and that fitted (in a smaller size than my old ones - yay!) in GoOutdoors - £30 but I'll get masses of wear out of them hopefully so I'm happy with that. Need to give some thought to what new stuff I'm going to need for summer - particularly if I can carry on shedding a bit of weight. I've got trousers that were previously a bit on the tight side so they should be OK, but guessing I'll need some tops and bits like that.
    I've also got to think about shoes for work for the summer I think - although having said that I do have form for losing weight from my feet (yes, really!) so it might be worth me trying my slightly tight ones on to see how they feel.
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills