how do i reclaim misold lifecare 24 cover from welcome finance

Hi All,
Can anyone please advise me how I go about reclaiming Lifecare 24 cover from Welcome Finance? It was added to my loan without my knowledge and have never claimed on it - only realised I was paying for it when I began struggling with my loan repayments and the payments then went down by half when they removed the cover!!
I've approached a couple of those companies which have been set up to reclaim PPI but they have said that they do not make claims for Lifecare 24 because it is not classed as PPI. HELP!!

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    dennieb wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Can anyone please advise me how I go about reclaiming Lifecare 24 cover from Welcome Finance? It was added to my loan without my knowledge and have never claimed on it - only realised I was paying for it when I began struggling with my loan repayments and the payments then went down by half when they removed the cover!!
    I've approached a couple of those companies which have been set up to reclaim PPI but they have said that they do not make claims for Lifecare 24 because it is not classed as PPI. HELP!!

Hi there

Sorry to hear this.

I have not heard of Lifecare 24 myself, and maybe others have.

However if your not happy with this, write to them until they resolve this and tell them its something you did not or do not want now, even if its not PPI, to me its more or less the same thing, and if they do not resolve this by the final response you receive from them, then take your case to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), in fact there is no harm if you contact the FOS anyway and see what they have to say:
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html

You can write back to Welcome/lifecover 24 and tell them if this is not resolved you will have to consider further action on this through the FOS, hopefully they will back down and refund you everything you have paid plus interest.

Good luck hun, please keep us informed and post for more help when needed.;)

Di
    X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills