Options

Comments

• Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Haha I need to find a birthday card like that lol
  • Say_No_to_Credit_Cards
    Options
    Good morning,

Another sunny day, what more can you ask for.

I had such a busy day yesterday. Cleaned the house from top to bottom, did all the washing and ironing and put it away. Also went to boot camp which was a killer in this heat.

So today is free to do extra stuff, which is how I wanted it. So the plan for today is:

List some stuff on ebay,
    Go into the loft and see what gift type things I have in there. I have done a birthdays for the rest of this year and Christmas gift list. So will know what I am left with, so there will be no surprises.

I have put the money into my annual bills tins for this week, so that is going great.

I had another ebay sale yesterday with a profit of £9.02 after fees and postage so my new total of extra income is £488.98. I would love to get it to £500, but we will see what next week brings.

wishingthem - Thank you for dropping by. I am going to treat myself to something when I get to the £35,000 marker. That is my mini target at the moment. I would love to get that before December.

Scott-Weiland - Birthday cards like that are amazing, I just wish I could find them everyday, but dont think that is going to happen.I also love it when you find a gift card in the house and that has money on, it is a great feeling.

Food budget is great and no problems at all.

Petrol - I am down to a quarter of a tank but that should be ok until Saturday of next week when I can fill it up again.

Money in my bank is £57.20 to last until Friday which is not to bad as I don't really have anything to buy.

Take care
    Extra Income May £290.92 June £498.00 July £145.61 Aug 2018 £142.68
    Pay off CC3 Sept/Oct 2018 £2112.04 Balance £1712.89
    April 2018 £39,942 Aug 18 £36721.65 PAID £3220.35:j:j:j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Great, I love being able to potter about around the house and get stuff sorted - need to urgently address the dump/storage cupboard that is my spare room haha.
    You are doing so well, it seems like you really have a handle on things now!
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Moguline wrote: »
    Great, I love being able to potter about around the house and get stuff sorted - need to urgently address the dump/storage cupboard that is my spare room haha.
    You are doing so well, it seems like you really have a handle on things now!

Two words for you re the storage cupboard lol

Decluttering and Ebay
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Two words for you re the storage cupboard lol

Decluttering and Ebay
    Sadly, neither of those things apply as it's all clothes/toys from my DS that need to go into the attic for eventual child number 2, and papers I need to sort. :(
  • Gemsy81
    Gemsy81 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Gosh, what a motivated Sunday you had SNTCC! Love reading your diary, its so inspiring :)
  • Say_No_to_Credit_Cards
    Options
    Good afternoon guys,

What an amazing day. I just love it when it is so hot and sunny, much better than cold and raining.

Well I have had another sale on ebay with another profit after fees and postage of £9.02 so my new extra income is £498, just £2 sort of my new £500 goal for June. I just want somebody else to buy something to make it over the £500 mark. I know I am really sad, but I don't care.

Shopping all done on the way home from work, within budget as well. I have £10.50 left of the monthly shopping money, so that will last until the end of this month for any bread and milk we need this week.

I got in the loft yesterday and went through the unwanted gift that need rehoming. I have wrapped two things up for two family members birthdays in July so they are sorted out already without me spending any cash. So another £40 saved.

Went through the Christmas list and I can cover over 50% of the presents I purchase with unwanted gifts in the loft. I know how is left so when I am out and about if I see any bargains that will suit any of these people I am going to get them. I have wrote a list and put it in my purse as I know when you get out you forget who is on the list. This should save me a fortune come December and also stop me putting anything on a Credit Card.

Listed a lot on ebay yesterday so had a really good day, I just hope people come along and buy all my amazing stuff.

Yesterday I also went through the list of credit cards that was showing on my credit report. Any that I did not use I have phoned and cancelled them. That was a job and a half and so time consuming, but hopefully it will help my credit score in months to come.

Moguline - Thank you for dropping by. Everybody has a dump storage area in their house. Ours was the garage. I still cannot believe it when I go in there now the amount of space there is in there now all the junk has gone. If you can find the time it really is worth the effort in sorting it out.

Scott-Weiland Thanks for calling in. How is the training going? I love the fact that ebay is always linked to decluttering. I can remember the days before ebay, that makes me feel really old!

Gemsy81 - Thank you for dropping in and reading my waffle. I read lots of diaries before I started my own and I was the same. When you read what people are doing, to save money and to generate extra income it does motivate you to push yourself. I am really enjoying it, and each time I go into the garage it puts a smile on my face the fact that there is so much empty space. I was never an organised person until I started this diary but it has made me start to be so much more organised, which is great.

Right I am off to make tea and maybe have a sit in the sun for half an hour before I start again.

Take care everybody and have a nice evening.
  • lindez
    lindez Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Say No to Credit Cards, just caught up on your diary you are doing really well x
    MFWB#2
    MFTT5 #28
    Save 12k 2020 #111
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Excellent, you are on a roll!!
  • Say_No_to_Credit_Cards
    Options
    Morning everybody,

lindez and Moguline - Thank you both for dropping by your comments are always helpful and appreciated.

I am just waiting for the last Credit Card Statement to come in for this month. This is something very new to me, knowing exactly where I am with the four cards. It is so much better than just plodding along in the dark not even thinking if they are gong up and up and up.

I am doing more overtime this week, so when I get paid I am going to pay all the overtime off CC1 as an extra payment.

I have also kept up with the payment a day challenge which really does help me stay focused and makes me revisit one credit card each day.

No sales on ebay, I just want one more to get me over that £500 mark.

I am going to try today to do a new budget ready for next month. At the end of this month I would have not used my credit cards for two full months. What a turn around.

So this month I have:

Made just short of £500 extra income,
    Set up tins for the annual bills for 2019,
    Done a credit check and cancelled all cards that I will not use,
    Done a car boot sale,
    Decluttered the garage and started on the rest of the house,
    Set up budgets for food and petrol.
    Stopped spending money that I have not got.

What is next for July.

Keep food budget running, but be a little more organised with batch cooking,
    Keep Petrol budget but use my bike more,
    Declutter loft, which is going to be a big job
    Keep putting money in the annual tins.
    Keep making a PAD.

Right I am off to work so everybody have a great day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills