TSB log in problem

Options
Has anyone else noticed that the TSB on line banking site asks for characters from your memorable info which isn't at all random? Also, usually if you abandoned the log in and retried, the characters asked for would normally change, but now it keeps asking for the same characters.

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's TSB for you.

Why TSB account holders stay with TSB even though there are recurring problems is completely beyond my understanding. If you're having problems, switch. Then hope that TSB can then operate the 7-day switch without problems.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,378 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    .......5%!!!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    .......5%!!!
    ...ditto...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    That's TSB for you.

Why TSB account holders stay with TSB even though there are recurring problems is completely beyond my understanding. If you're having problems, switch. Then hope that TSB can then operate the 7-day switch without problems.

Long playing record , getting a little monotremes.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    That's TSB for you.

As I read it, OP isn't 'having problems' with TSB, despite the thread title, they're simply observing a quirk that isn't impinging on their access in any way.

I do agree that it makes sense to switch away for anyone who relies on using TSB for their primary banking and is still experiencing significant ongoing issues accessing their accounts, but the lack of noise about them on here since the worst of the shambles several months ago would suggest that such problems are now the exception rather than the rule.
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    I do agree that it makes sense to switch away for anyone who relies on using TSB for their primary banking and is still experiencing significant ongoing issues accessing their accounts, but the lack of noise about them on here since the worst of the shambles several months ago would suggest that such problems are now the exception rather than the rule.
    I'm more than happy with my TSB Current Plus account. BACS deposits are processed, direct debit and standing orders are all fine too, so my bills get paid on time. They had a bad week. But now everyday banking needs are satisfied plus I get 5% too!!
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,969 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've logged in twice today and was asked for characters 245 first time & 456 2nd..
    IME if you get any wrong it asks for the same again for obvious reasons.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Long playing record , getting a little monotremes.

Duck billed platypus on the way?:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport