Mazda

Hi
Looking to buy a Mazda 3 sport nav is there any one who drives one is it as good car or not any hick ups .

Comments

• ginashamz
    ginashamz Posts: 199 Forumite
    I do drive a Mazda but its an RX8. In terms of electronics and interior quality, I have had no issues so far and I find the interior plastics and seat leather to be of quite a good standard. Not sure about the Mazda 3 but the RX8 is expensive to service and run but it has a rotary engine. The Mazda 3 should offer good driving dynamics I think as its RWD
  • xzibit
    xzibit Posts: 655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mazda's are known for reliability. I've just sold a 2016 mazda 6 and had a couple of teething problems but were covered under warranty. But apart from one item they were all related to the in car entertainment unit which was due to a faulty batch of units. I'd happily buy another mazda.
  • angrycrow
    angrycrow Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Depends how old it is, by around 8 years old Mazda tend to start rusting badly, far worse then anything else on the road. If you are buying new and keeping for 3 years this is not a problem, just not a good second hand purchase when they get older.
  • Oh, have Mazda branched out into car manufacturing?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-0cZYolFY4
  • Beer_Belly
    Beer_Belly Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2018 at 12:26PM
    Great motors, I'm on my second Sportnav that I picked up new a few weeks ago, I used to have the 165bhp version and now onto a 120hp, there's not much that difference between the two acceleration wise. There are some really good deals around at the moment. Nice to drive, great looking, reliable chain cam engine, good mpg I'm getting around 43mpg out of my 2.0ltr petrol. Downsides, not many, you have to rev the petrols to get performance, little low down torque, then again there's no turbo to worry about. The tyre size is stupid making replacements somewhat expensive. The 16" rim size is better but you only get that on the SE / SEL models and they don't look as good on the car as the 18" rims. No space-saver as standard and the full kit from Mazda is very expensive, although they've just reduced the price to about £340. The paint can mark easily but the same is true with most new cars due to the new paints they have to use. Its a thumbs up from me. I did have some difficulty with the front brake discs on my first 3, but it was probably due to me only doing low miles. In winter the rain / salt can sit on top of the brake pads and cause a corrosion ridge on the brake disc that can set up vibration under braking (similar to a warped disc), cure is either skimming or new discs, I had one set replaced under warranty and the replacements started to do the same the following year. If I was getting another I'd probably go for the SEL for the better standard rim / tyre sizes that also give a slightly better ride and lighter steering - I've tried both!
  • UncleZen
    UncleZen Posts: 825 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have a Mazda 3 2.0 sel-nav.
    It's quick enough of you boot it. Otherwise the engines a bit flat, but it is very economical for petrol engine. Easily 50mpg on a decent run at national speed limit. Handling is very good, gearbox is ok, not as a good as a Honda. The road noise is high on broken surfaces, tyre wear good, dealer prices on the high side.
    I'd be interested to see the sky active X engine in action.
  • jeradon
    jeradon Posts: 89 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Generally, Mazda is a reliable car and easy to maintain. If you planning to buy a used car, ask for maintenance records.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Google Mazda 3 owners.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    angrycrow wrote: »
    Depends how old it is, by around 8 years old Mazda tend to start rusting badly, far worse then anything else on the road. If you are buying new and keeping for 3 years this is not a problem, just not a good second hand purchase when they get older.

This can be mitigated by going to a place that does undersealing and paying for the car to be undersealed. Mazda do the undersealing to a standard that's OK for the Japanese market but not northern Europe. A couple of hundred quid if you pay someone sees the car undersealed to a standard that'll cope far better with our salted roads.
  • ginashamz wrote: »
    I do drive a Mazda but its an RX8. In terms of electronics and interior quality, I have had no issues so far and I find the interior plastics and seat leather to be of quite a good standard. Not sure about the Mazda 3 but the RX8 is expensive to service and run but it has a rotary engine. The Mazda 3 should offer good driving dynamics I think as its RWD

I wish people would at least post correct information - the Mazda 3 is NOT rear wheel drive!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure