Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Comments

• Have been catching up on some diaries. One good thing for you to list was that you have been able to make another MSEr feel better by your support!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • I just wanted to pop on and echo what has been said about you supporting other MSE'ers. You've certainly helped to pull me through some tough times. I'm so sorry that life has dealt you such a c r a p p y hand at the moment and that you just never seem to catch a break. Thinking of you, and lots of love.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Buffy, I often lurk but didn't want to read and run when you clearly have so much going on. Much sympathy from me, and hope the tooth pain is easing off.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Keep plodding Buffster xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Just adding virtual hug

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Oh Buffy :( Things can only get better. Big hugs xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    How are things Buffy xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • You guys are honestly my safe place, I hope you know that. Thank you so much XXX

Work was a shocker. Was actually very proud of myself that I went in on Tuesday, I was so broken up, sat on the bed for 15 minutes having to convince myself to go to work.

I did it. Some of my lessons were very good actually, was surprised. The kids are always a good tonic. I don't teach that many !!!!!! these days so it ok.

Today I was exhausted. I stayed up to mark and it just ruined me. Can't do this job on three hours sleep.Came home and slept for a couple of hours.

Needed to do more marking tonight but cannot face it. Full teaching day tomorrow and will just have to work around the marking !!!! up.

Money wise things are ok, pretty good I think.Havent gone mental with spending (pet shop, M and S - sandwiches, not that great FYI) Once I get paid on the 26th I should be able to split my savings up and move money around current accounts to make the most of the interest malarky.

Vet wise, Piggie needs an op, cost should be about 150. :( but I have the money and the vets are good. Fingers Crossed.

I write all this and then watch the news. Syria.

My God this is hell on earth. Truly, we are lucky. Eight years of war.

we are a mess people. Poor children. Beyond comprehension.

XXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • buffy, could you do a news black out? sometimes i have to as seeing that stuff really doesn't help my state of mind.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    There are so many atrocious things going on in the world Buffy we can't always do something about it, unfortunately :( At the end of the day you have to take care of you and yours. I always say if everyone bl@@dy behaved themselves the world would be a much better place - but they don't.

Take care Buffster and stop worrying about things you can't change xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family