Plusnet - Customer service gone downhill turning into bunch of crooks?

2»

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yep, I'll take my 1.5GB, 1000 minutes & 1000 texts for £5 a month with a £2 over-spend cap any day of the week over access to shortcodes or a frequency that I'd need to spend a few hundred quid more on an iPhone to use.

I actually grabbed an even better deal in February- 2000 minutes,unlimited texts and 2GB of data - had problems getting CS to accept that there was such a deal :)

@gsminx - spot on about complaints re CS responses (or lack of) to b/band problems, and the terrible wait times on the "unhelpful" lines - they have definitely continued on a slide to the bottom over the last year or so.
    HOWEVER, I've not had any problems with PN service for at least 6 years (touch wood)- and the retention deal I've recently got is not far off the best "new" customer offers I could find anywhere ,so I stuck with them.:)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    @brewerdave
    I've been with Plusnet for 9 years and the OP was saying "has it gone downhill" and the answer is plainly yes. The low cost does cause issues if you need support as they don't have enough staff nor are the computer systems up to the task.
    There has been a massive lack of investment at Plusnet and they have grown dramatically under BT's use of PN as a TalkTalk price competitor. But without the changes in the office to match the growth, it is impacting customers when they have issues.

@colin
    I've made nothing up - every issue I listed comes from real issues posted by multiple users on the PN mobile forum board.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    jb66 wrote: »
    3. Virgin Mobile do not do a credit check for SIMO, most dont do credit checks for a sim.

Virgin may credit check you for a SIMO, very few don't as you can run up huge bills on them.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    @colin
    I've made nothing up - every issue I listed comes from real issues posted by multiple users on the PN mobile forum board.

I noticed that once again you've refused to answer any question. It's almost like you don't actually have an answer and so keep posting the same nonsense with nothing to back it up.

This forum is for helping people rather than just give misleading information. Please try to remember that before posting again.
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 July 2018 at 11:52AM
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    I've been with Plusnet for 9 years and the OP was saying "has it gone downhill" and the answer is plainly yes.
    The low cost does cause issues if you need support as they don't have enough staff nor are the computer systems up to the task.

Well I can beat you I have been with them for 13 years now and during that time when I have had any problems they have been sorted in what I consider to be a pretty prompt and reasonable time.

I am on a fibre connection, last Friday I did a speed check and found my download speed had dropped by 75%, reported it to support at lunchtime and it was fixed by 4pm, not bad service in my experience.

The problem with quoting posts on forums this one included is that you only hear from the few dissatisfied customers and not the thousands who have no complaint about the service.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    @cajef
    I'm glad they fixed your issue quickly.
    Last time I had an issue, it took 3 months to fix during which time I got to know the complaints department extremely well.
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 381 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    If you prepaid your line rental but had free internet then you would have been paying nothing. When they put up the price of internet recently you would have then been paying an extra pound for the internet, so free + one pound. They were right about that bit.

But you should have been notified of the price rise, (the email is not always obvious) and it does sound like you have had other issues so well done for avoiding the pound price rise.

For what its worth I think Plus.net support has got a bit worse since being bought by BT. But on the other hand EE's has got a little better, they used to be almost psychotic. So I guess regression to the BT mean of slight crapness.
  • BFem
    BFem Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was a 3 customer for 15 years for my mobile phone with 0 problems whatsoever. I finally gave in, wanting to be money saving, kept my old phone and moved to plusnet on a £5 a month tariff.....after 2 calls and two live chats....I am regretting the decision big time.

I won't use this as a moaning post and bore you with the details but without doubt plusnet have the worst customer service I have ever experienced, across the industries and worldwide.

Finally got someone on live chat who seemed to care a little which I was so grateful for, though I am doubtful that is the end of the issue. Can't wait to cancel it all and not have to deal with them ever again.
    'It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection' Elizabeth Gilbert.

:j
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    BFem wrote: »
    I was a 3 customer for 15 years for my mobile phone with 0 problems whatsoever. I finally gave in, wanting to be money saving, kept my old phone and moved to plusnet on a £5 a month tariff.....after 2 calls and two live chats....I am regretting the decision big time.

I won't use this as a moaning post and bore you with the details but without doubt plusnet have the worst customer service I have ever experienced, across the industries and worldwide.

Finally got someone on live chat who seemed to care a little which I was so grateful for, though I am doubtful that is the end of the issue. Can't wait to cancel it all and not have to deal with them ever again.

PN is a rolling monthly contract so you're not going to have to wait long.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I had speed/dropout problems with PlusNet for the first 3 of my first 12 months, but found better help via their staff on their forums. In fact near the end of my first year, a member of staff read my reply to someone else, then messaged me to say that he had tweaked my line and to contact him if no improvement within a short time. (there was improvement, bringing me almost to the speed I had with Sky, making this difference just possible through contention).

Near the end of 12 months, contact by phone or email was not good (but no worse than when I joined), but sky's was no better, so after a good offer I stayed.

I have had no problems for the last year (within what our line allows ) and agree with the above that those having free broadband had to pay an extra £1 (you could argue that free should still mean free of charge, but they consider free tobe a discount of the charge at agreement time.)

I have only lost 1p/month,as they have honoured the free caller display (ie 99p discount)after being forced to give everyone the facility free of charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure