Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I don't buy the ready meals either, although I did try a couple when they first came out. I didn't mind the beef and crushed veg but DH wasn't keen. The sweet potato curry was horrible, the potato was really hard. I don't think it would have softened if I cooked it for ages. Decided then never to bother again.

Still haven't tried the Aldi one. Will look out for it while we're here when we do an Aldi shop although there aren't as many as there are Lidl.

Denise
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Hiya, everybody, I am still here but not really posting my menus as I am still not eating as I should, I have had the most awful chest infection and my cough hasn't gone I can't taste my food, so I am only having light stuff like soups and porridge sometimes only toast.
    I have never had a cough and cold that has lasted this long. I thought I would let you all know that I am still here. Hopefully I will be ok in another few days. I just haven't patience at the moment. I hope you're all doing well and keeping free from colds etc. xx
  • maman wrote: »
    I tried the jalfrezi in my search for a curry ready meal. It's the only one I've tried. It was OK but a bit thin and watery. Now I have Aldi Lamb Rogan Josh. For 1.5 syns it's more like a proper Indian takeaway.

tweets was very good. She taste tested all the ready meals for us when they first came out.

Oh Maman thanks, I'll try the Aldi one. We have a motorhome and I find it's an easy meal to do, I just put in a pot and heat on the hob.:T
  • I have come to the conclusion my work/diet balance is rubbish.

I have just managed to have my breakfast!

But on the positive side, I have come home earlier than normal....I have been with smelly people, really smelly people and need a shower and change of clothes before I go to get hair laser removal....... I wished I had not washed my hair this morning....think I need to wash my hair again!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    :wave: Thanks for dropping by wiz . Sorry to hear you're still feeling rough. Hope you've seen the doctor. :naughty:
    I have come to the conclusion my work/diet balance is rubbish.
    Interested you should say that sunshinemummy . We had a similar discussion at my group this morning. We have two nurses that have been on nights. One was managing just one meal when she woke up and ate nothing through the night. The other has a breakfast type meal at teatime like an omelette and then takes something she can grab at odd times through the night when she has a moment. Best weightloss was eating more.

All well so far. DD just brought 2 fancy cupcakes. 1 we had with a candle so I just had to sing and DH ate the cake! The other he can eat later for his pudding if he fancies it. :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Well im reporting a 1lb lossbit disappointing tbh
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done, shiprob and bubbs.

Hello, BarleySugar. Oh, I remember getting big twisted sticks of that (from the chemist!!!!) and sooking it to a lethal point. Not at all good for the teeth!

Still behaving ��
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    greentiger wrote: »
    Well done, shiprob and bubbs.

Hello, BarleySugar. Oh, I remember getting big twisted sticks of that (from the chemist!!!!) and sooking it to a lethal point. Not at all good for the teeth!

Still behaving ��

Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bubbs wrote: »
    Well im reporting a 1lb lossbit disappointing tbh

Sorry you're disappointed bubbs but bet you wouldn't swap for my 1lb gain! ;)

Just keep plodding and all your good work will show up in the end. :)

DH and I enjoyed his birthday dinner. Not the day we planned but we'll have another chance when his cough is gone. I probably had about 6-8 syns worth of oil, creme fraiche and cheese but that was it. Back on plan now until the weekend. DGD1's birthday on Sunday. September is a hard month for us.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,126 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    1 lb off for me this week.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure