Halifax Reward - 2 DD's needed?

Hi,

I only recently noticed that my 2 Tesco Internet Saver DD's that I use to unlock the £3 reward has ceased (as of April). A quick browse of the forum has told me that Tesco made a change to their terms preventing DD's.

However, since April Halifax have continued to pay me £3 per month without any DD's being taken.

Should this be the case? I browsed the forum but could see no other instance of this, just folks looking for an alternative.

Comments

• Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi,

This shouldn't be the case, as you haven't fulfilled the T&C's for the reward payment.

That said if they are still paying you leave it be, i'm sure it will catch up and they may ask for the reward payments back but they may not. Just be prepared for the reward payment to stop at some point.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    Think you have a bank error in your favour. I have 2 reward accounts. 1 of them I have gas & electric DD's set up. British Gas in their infinite wisdom decided to merge them into a single payment without telling me & for that month lost my reward. After threatening to leave BG has since reimbursed me & split payments back to 2
  • ruudy
    ruudy Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks folks. I'll just keep taking it for as long as they wish to pay me it :)
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yep - an error... you do realise that you'd get the May reward on the basis of April DDs? The first month missed if Tesco took the April ones would be June.

I screwed up on a Tesco replacement DD on my OHs Hfax reward account & missed a months reward.. :shhh:
    ..so get some DDs back on there - Use the PO - you could have a decent rate & a DD or 2 in existence in a week or so, too..

They're OK recently in my experience but a few on here not a fan of their customer service.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Definitely an error so keep quiet until they realise :D

I missed a £3 reward in April as only one direct debit paid out after I cancelled my Tesco Bank credit card, and never had a new direct debit immediately available.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure