Budget Energy

Options

Comments

• rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    Actually after reading on Utility regulators Q&A on this it appears I cant switch from my "new" supplier Power Ni for 20 days.
    7. Can affected customers switch from Power NI?
    Customers of Open Electric have been switched to Power NI to ensure there is no
    disruption to their electricity supply. 20 working days after transferring to Power NI,
    customers will be able to switch to a different electricity supplier if they choose to do
    so. If you would like further information on switching supplier, you can go to the
    Consumer Council’s website where you will find their energy price comparison tool –
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    edited 18 December 2016 at 11:28AM
    Options
    rolo1 wrote: »
    Actually after reading on Utility regulators Q&A on this it appears I cant switch from my "new" supplier Power Ni for 20 days.
    7. Can affected customers switch from Power NI?
    Customers of Open Electric have been switched to Power NI to ensure there is no
    disruption to their electricity supply. 20 working days after transferring to Power NI,
    customers will be able to switch to a different electricity supplier if they choose to do
    so. If you would like further information on switching supplier, you can go to the
    Consumer Council’s website where you will find their energy price comparison tool –
    There is a 14 day cooling off period before you can use a new supplier .wait 6 days then start the move process.

http://www.goqradio.com/belfast/news/q-radio-local-news/belfast-energy-firm-open-electric-stops-trading/
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • n1guy
    n1guy Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I made the switch over to SSE on 10/12 and would you believe it's still not been done. Not impressed as I've had to top up at the higher rate now with Budget. I phoned SSE who say it's still in progress. Has anyone else who left Budget been swapped over yet?
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes. I switched on 12th Dec, and it was completed on the 30th. Though, it was with Click, not SSE.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    yeah my switch click was pretty quick too
  • Eclipser
    Eclipser Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 January 2017 at 11:30AM
    Options
    I completed the online form on 18 Dec and completed my switch yesterday to Click Energy.

I also got a £15 welcome credit from them as well.

Referral Code: IDBLOB

https://www.clickenergyni.com/Home.aspx#switchForm
  • IrishMarco
    Options
    yep Click energy have the cheapest standard rate of 13.38p without a contract.

so no tie-ins or exit fees to worry about. i have also referred 3 friends which got me £45 OF FREE ELECTRICITY! :money:

I've been with them for over a year and they're as good as you can get for a lecky company I think.:o:rotfl:
    :money:
  • Old_Git
    Options
    I was with budget .I bought a top up before 31st December.That was suppose to be my tariff change day .My new top up had a tariff change code ,so I waited until my meter was -5p on new years day before I topped up . Moved to Click on Wednesday .
  • n1guy
    n1guy Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm wondering if its worthwhile complaining to SSE? I've still not been moved almost a month later. Not exactly a great start is it? I topped up on Budget before the New Year hoping that would do until the switch however I've already topped up once and am going to have to do it again.

I was with Click before I went to budget, shortest stay I ever had. They may have fixed it now but the payment system was a joke, the damn website crashed on 2 separate occasions after the card payment meaning you got no voucher code and of course it happened at the weekend when no one in the office. I stayed a month and then left.
  • Old_Git
    Options
    n1guy wrote: »
    I'm wondering if its worthwhile complaining to SSE? I've still not been moved almost a month later. Not exactly a great start is it? I topped up on Budget before the New Year hoping that would do until the switch however I've already topped up once and am going to have to do it again.

I was with Click before I went to budget, shortest stay I ever had. They may have fixed it now but the payment system was a joke, the damn website crashed on 2 separate occasions after the card payment meaning you got no voucher code and of course it happened at the weekend when no one in the office. I stayed a month and then left.

if you want SSE then phone them .I had two missed calls from click before I phoned them .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport