Journey to £0 by 2020, with a few bumps along the way

Comments

• monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Handy tip. If you phone sky and say thinking about leaving.... they usually cut costs ;) xxx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    monz wrote: »
    Handy tip. If you phone sky and say thinking about leaving.... they usually cut costs ;) xxx

Yes just done that :) Got rid of the movies but kept the sport as my partner watches all the football games so £35 a month is cheaper than him going to the pub to watch it
  • TheRoders
    TheRoders Posts: 176 Forumite
    Hiya....

Small world indeed..... I was living in Yateley although moved back to Wales now since 2015.

Where are you getting married? I had my own business in the wedding industry when I lived there o know lot's of suppliers etc.

Good luck with saving for the wedding whilst paying off your debts. Your not in the best area for cutting back! House prices are just ridiculous aren't they?
  • chelseablue
    TheRoders wrote: »
    Hiya....

Small world indeed..... I was living in Yateley although moved back to Wales now since 2015.

Where are you getting married? I had my own business in the wedding industry when I lived there o know lot's of suppliers etc.

Good luck with saving for the wedding whilst paying off your debts. Your not in the best area for cutting back! House prices are just ridiculous aren't they?

Yateley is lovely!

We're getting married at Easthampstead Park, do you know it?

House prices are insane round here, we paid £400k for a 3 bed semi, and its nothing special at all just average
  • TheRoders
    TheRoders Posts: 176 Forumite
    Easthampstead is lovely. I've done a lot of weddings there. You will have a very special day...

That is why we moved back to Wales. We could never afford to move up the ladder to a 3 bed. We sold our 2 bed terrace for £300K in 2015 and bought a 5 bed for £230K in Wales. I loved Yateley though and it was a shame to leave.
  • chelseablue
    One of colleagues has just come back from Florida and another is flying out to Spain tomorrow.

Wish I was jetting off somewhere! Haven't been on holiday for nearly 8 years.

On the flip side I have owned my own place in the South East since I was 27 so that's an achievement I guess.

Really hope the childcare bill goes down by a significant amount from next month and so I can start saving more/paying off the cards.

I hate debt apart from the mortgage and it does worry me but then I think well we only owe £4k and our household income is £65,000.
    I've heard of people owing a lot more on a lot less money. If we weren't saving for the wedding, car and Australia we could probably pay it off in 4 months

Sorry for the moan, feeling tired and fed up!
  • I've been through Easthampstead, it looks lovely and I'll probably take the kids for a walk that way when I'm holiday.

Yateley looks nice, is that where tri-lakes is?

House prices are ludicrous here too, one over the road is slightly smaller than ours and is up for £550 :eek:

Well done on the CC payment, it's going in the right direction xx
  • chelseablue
    WAY too much money spent over the weekend! Partner went to the charity shield cup final at Wembley so that was a load of spending money.

Direct debit for the Sainsbury's card went out on Friday so that reduced the balance by a paltry 40 quid. But at least the £40 a month will have it cleared before the 0% ends

£25 direct debit to my S&S ISA went out today, this is the minimum I have to pay in a month. Currently got £5,092 saved in there.
    Sometimes I feel like taking £4.5k out to pay everything off but scared of having no savings and taking years to build it back up
  • chelseablue
    I'm in the Payment a Day challenge on here so sent £1.70 to the Lloyds credit card today.

New balance £3,212
  • chelseablue
    A rather spending day yesterday. £230 on getting the car serviced.
    It also needs 2 new tyres that are being done next week :(

At least it was something needed and not frivolous spend.

I paid it on my credit card, but only for the cashback, I then transferred the money from savings straight to the card.

Will be spending again today at lunchtime but only for shampoo and conditioner. Cant cut those out :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback