Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• PhilStation
    PhilStation Posts: 68 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2018 at 9:31AM
    Just checked my account and was supposed to have 3 DD paid out to Tesco for £1 on 4th jan, £3 on 6th Jan, £4 on 8th jan none have been paid at all this month when they paid fine last month from the B account.
    What could have gone wrong will they have cancelled them? And most importantly will I still get the £250

The terms state:

"Ensure you have set up two Direct Debits from your new account within 62 days of completing your switch. These can be new ones or transferred from your old account, but payments must be made from them within those 62 days and they can’t be cancelled before your £250 is paid."

By the sounds of it, yours have paid out so if they are still active I think you'll be OK. If they cancelled them, I'd contact them to raise the issue.
  • jaxkesa
    jaxkesa Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Phone them and ask.

My water company cancelled my DD for some reason afer the first payment went out in December :(

Looks like I won't be getting the £250. Is there any way I can set up another DD after 68 days and still get the payout?
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Switched on the 8th November. Two different direct debits switched from old account and collectrd on the 28th & 29th November and December. Salary paid in on 28/11 and 21/12. Logged into the app every day. Still waiting for an email or account deposit.
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Emails yesterday afternoon but no bonuses as yet.

We'll be keeping the accounts as second accounts because they're one of the few banks with a branch in our nearest town and we've already claimed switching incentives from most banks that have offered them over the last few years. :D
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • ToTo_Man
    ToTo_Man Posts: 126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Switched on 7th November, received email yesterday confirming switching bonus to be paid on 9th January, logged in today and £250 was credited on 9th January which is 63 days after switch date. I can finally relax! :)
  • jaxkesa
    jaxkesa Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well I spoke to a very helpful person at Yorkshire but it turns out that, since my water company cancelled my direct debit without telling me after the first payment went out, I now won't be getting the £250.

So that was a waste of time but hopefully they will do a similar offer in the future and I'll try again. Time to switch to HSBC to try and get the £150.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Some of my switched dds didn't seem to operational so I set up new ones and cancelled those switched ones. i think I always had at least two operational, but now wondering whether I've disqualified myself.:(
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Mee wrote: »
    Some of my switched dds didn't seem to operational so I set up new ones and cancelled those switched ones. i think I always had at least two operational, but now wondering whether I've disqualified myself.:(

Read the excerpt from the T&Cs quoted in post 972, you should be okay going by that as long as you set up the new ones after the switch and they paid out within 62 days of the switch date.
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Mee wrote: »

Same happened to me. All 4 switched DDs didn't work, so I cancelled and set up the same 4 again manually. Yorkshire even managed to cancel 1 of those, so I was starting to get concerned. Everything OK though and got my money yesterday, so as long as you have 2 DDs that have paid out at least once and are still active now, you should be OK on that score.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jaxkesa wrote: »
    Well I spoke to a very helpful person at Yorkshire but it turns out that, since my water company cancelled my direct debit without telling me after the first payment went out, I now won't be getting the £250.

So that was a waste of time but hopefully they will do a similar offer in the future and I'll try again. Time to switch to HSBC to try and get the £150.

You could think of telling the water company what happened and what it cost you. An explanation of why they cancelled the DD having accepted it once already is the crux.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure