And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You packed a lot in!

Mustard and honey glaze ... oh my. I'm veggie, but I could make a sauce of some kind, to coat quorn chicken pieces? Something like that. Any kind of recipe you can think of, PP?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Wow you are still on fire in 2018 PP. Well done for running in this, I'm really scared of falling over when it's snowy. I only did two miles before giving up today.

Do you always meal plan so far in advance? I'm still getting to grips with this..the slow cooker meals have been wonderful but I'm not working anything like that far ahead. Having the next three week's meals sorted is very impressive.
    Mortgage overpayments 2018: £4602, 2019: £7870
    Mortgage overpayments 2020: £4620
    Mortgage 2017 £145K, June 2020 £112.6k:o
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Karmacat wrote: »
    You packed a lot in!

Mustard and honey glaze ... oh my. I'm veggie, but I could make a sauce of some kind, to coat quorn chicken pieces? Something like that. Any kind of recipe you can think of, PP?
    Hiya Karma :wave: I had no honey when I looked so went for maple syrup and mustard. It's nearly ready and I had a little sample for quality control purposes and it was yummy:D

I used to make a thing with chicken, honey, whole grain mustard and creme fraiche which we had with rice and it was lovely. Had completely forgotten about it - thank you!

Hope you've had a good weekend xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    edited 21 January 2018 at 8:24PM
    Wow you are still on fire in 2018 PP. Well done for running in this, I'm really scared of falling over when it's snowy. I only did two miles before giving up today.

Do you always meal plan so far in advance? I'm still getting to grips with this..the slow cooker meals have been wonderful but I'm not working anything like that far ahead. Having the next three week's meals sorted is very impressive.

Yey you're back:j. Hope you're feeling bit better. Well done for sticking with your running in this weather, its grim out there:eek:

I do plan monthly now to try and rotate stocks, save on repetition (and complaining kids:))and to save time but when I first started I just planned weekly. Evenings were my pressure point, I was tired, the kids could never agree on what they wanted and it was just stressful all round! This way I only have to think once while I'm planning and writing my shopping list and the rest of the time its just following a list. Makes for much nicer evenings and less piglet grumblings:rotfl:

Glad your enjoying your sc, I wouldn't be without mine now Ive got to grips with it.

Hope you've had a good weekend xx
  • pinkypig wrote: »
    Yey you're back:j. Hope you're feeling bit better. Well done for sticking with your running in this weather, its grim out there:eek:

I do plan monthly now to try and rotate stocks, save on repetition (and complaining kids:))and to save time but when I first started I just planned weekly. Evenings were my pressure point, I was tired, the kids could never agree on what they wanted.

I am feeling better thanks PP, just been a bit up and down but it's still early days of being single. :o I'm a woman with plans though and that helps. Today's run was horrible, my feet and hands were freezing. I felt saintly for doing two miles then saw a group from running club did 13 miles :eek: Crazy people.

I think I will have to try and extend my planning a bit too, otherwise there will be a lot of sausage casserole. Maybe I can start with two weeks and build up to a month...
    Mortgage overpayments 2018: £4602, 2019: £7870
    Mortgage overpayments 2020: £4620
    Mortgage 2017 £145K, June 2020 £112.6k:o
  • pinkypig
    At the risk of sounding like a right miserable old bat, I'm pig (:rotfl:) b****y sick of this weather:mad: No running this morning due to ice, then snow followed by sleet and hail then torrential very cold rain. Horrid:eek:
    So its been a bit of a home day today. I got some school work done but no filing:o. The laundry is up to date as is ds's homework. We've also had a final food tech run through and have got everything weighed and measured and bagged up by dish to help save him some time and stress on assessment day. He's tried really hard to prepare so I hope he does well.

The reluctant dog was walked but not as far as I would have liked but it was just too wet and cold. I visited mum and dad early as I was worried he'd head out on icy pavements for his paper. I went a got it for him and convinced him a morning watching TV with the fire on was better than heading out. Dementia is the nastiest condition but he's calm and happy at the moment and long may it last:)

I had a grocery spend of £2.19 so I'm officially over budget:( I did get three packs of ys fresh sardines for 35p each though and a white tin loaf for 5p p!us some milk. The fish has gone in the freezer with half the loaf and the other half will do for toast tomorrow and Tuesday morning.
    I've done no exercise and have only drank a litre of water but I have managed to;

Make spicy lentil soup

Cooked maple syrup and mustard glazed gammon for dinner.

Use up the last of the Thai noodle soup with ys rolls for lunch

Collect dd from the station

Make pea and ham soup for the freezer with the stock from the gammon.

Pack up lo for tomorrow's lunches

Catch up on diaries

Do a lot of reading and lounging:o

I'm off for an hour of TV and an early night :)

PP xx
  • Sounds like a very productive day PP.
    hope you have a good week.

I'm fed up of the weather too, all this promise of snow, and being teased by snow that falls but melts on impact, and there is nothing to take a little Pickle sledging in booooo
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Sounds like a very productive day PP.
    hope you have a good week.

I'm fed up of the weather too, all this promise of snow, and being teased by snow that falls but melts on impact, and there is nothing to take a little Pickle sledging in booooo

What a shame - sledging is fun. Sleet and rain less so:(

Hope you and yours are all OK xx
  • pinkypig
    I am feeling better thanks PP, just been a bit up and down but it's still early days of being single. :o I'm a woman with plans though and that helps. Today's run was horrible, my feet and hands were freezing. I felt saintly for doing two miles then saw a group from running club did 13 miles :eek: Crazy people.

I think I will have to try and extend my planning a bit too, otherwise there will be a lot of sausage casserole. Maybe I can start with two weeks and build up to a month...

You simply cannot beat a plan :). Glad you're feeling a bit brighter xx
  • pinkypig
    For a Monday, today has not been a bad day:). Work went well and I got through what I needed to do which doesn't happen often! Marking is up to date but assessments less so.
    I've no money news other than my bank account looks very empty and it feels like pay day will never arrive. However , today has been a nsd:j

Other mfw successes have included;

Cheap,healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo veg curry from the freezer for lunch and pc gammon and mushroom risotto for dinner plus enough for lunch tomorrow and three portions for the freezer) Less successful has been my snacking - healthy enough just too much of it:o

Weights class done

Daily sweep and wipe done

I load of dry laundry folded and put away and another load done and on the airer.

Off to collect ds followed by a bit of reading and an early night:)

PP xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback