Cheaper Oil for Fuel?

Comments

• oap
    oap Posts: 596 Forumite
    http://www.number10.gov.uk/footer/contact-us

I got this from Google, it takes you to the page to e mail, then when you have completed your message, no more than 1000 words, I did 955 words, you submit, then it acknowledges in your e mail and you click where they tell you, then your message is finally submitted.
    I finished my message by asking could they take off the VAT!!:eek:

The more folk that do this the better!!! Cheers, oap
  • ZZaffy
    ZZaffy Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 January 2011 at 4:03PM
    Last year I ordered 1000 litres of oil. The company were excellent.
    However when the oil man finished, he said I had room for more and put in an extra 200 litres.
    When I received the bill, the print out (1000 litres and price) had been changed by hand. No problem until I got to thinking, how do I know I had an extra 200 litres. I am sure I did, but there is always a doubt. Is there a litre counter that can be put on the tank to gauge how much is delivered?
  • ZZaffy wrote: »
    Last year I ordered 1000 litres of oil. The company were excellent.
    However when the oil man finished, he said I had room for more and put in an extra 200 litres.
    When I received the bill, the print out (1000 litres and price) had been changed by hand. No problem until I got to thinking, how do I know I had an extra 200 litres. I am sure I did, but there is always a doubt. Is there a litre counter that can be put on the tank to gauge how much is delivered?

Sounds a bit dodgy I thought the onboard system monitored all stock out. How did you pay? Not cash I hope.. There should be a total capacity stamped on the oil tank.. so if full that is the total it can hold..
  • oap
    We get a print out on the invoice slip which starts at 00000
    and finishes at whatever you have bought!!

Cheers oap
  • OFT have announced an official investigation into heating oil prices.... http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2011/07-11
  • spannerzone
    spannerzone Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 January 2011 at 10:01PM
    Blimey, I ordered 500 litres couple weeks back and it was 79p / litre - from Southern Counties oil (I'm near Brighton) at the time Boilerjuice was quoting around 70-80p so I went with my usual company.... I'm guessing a few oil execs have now paid off their mortgages and second homes thanks to the recent panic/scare!

sob, 79p

:mad:

edit: it was 'only' 75.98p/L sorry for error!

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
  • oap
    You were definitely overcharged!!
  • I ran out of oil about 2 weeks ago. Was £315 for 500 litres. Now come down to around £290 for 500 litres about 55ppl. Still cant afford any just yet so hoping itll be even cheaper?? In the PE14 area.
    Mum of 2 Under 5s
    Now working woop woop.:D DIY store - Loving it!
    In Debt:( Just under £16,000 CCCS recommended Bankruptcy...On token payments for now.

PPI Reclaimed LLoyds TSB 19/09/12 £1915.96
  • I'm in Cornwall and was quoted 74p per litre for an end of December delivery (we were almost out of oil) managed to get it down to 69p by quoting a price I'd seen for another company. Hope the next delivery will be a lot cheaper - we don't have a lot of choice as we can't get gas.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback