Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Another lazy day. Or, to put it another way, a day of re-charging my batteries and relaxing.

Cut dd's hair and, thankfully, she loves it. It is a chin-length bob, which she has embellished by getting a little friend to tip glitter liberally all over her head...

Realised I'd best get a wiggle on and finish (ie start) the hood for dgs' cardi. All done. Except I put the buttons on the wrong side for a boy. And made the button loops far too loose. So thatneeds remedying.

Also needed a wiggle on for my sch fair. It is on sat but I'm working tomorrow, off to Mchester tues-thurs night, and will be recovering/panicking on Fri. Am pleased to announce that the tablecloth is ironed and the pricing labels are all printed out and cut up.

2 more bags are ready for the Sally Army, so I shall deposit them on my way home from work tomorrow.

Off now, to scribble tomorrow's plan of action on a scrap of paper.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    And we didn't do the show. Dd's ankle was too painful this morning, although it has been better as the day has progressed. She really needed a pottering staying home day. And I was perfectly happy to miss the show!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Tomorrow:-
    -up early and zcut 7
    -wake dd and dh
    -go to work
    -am meeting
    -teach
    -use free time on certificates, copy holiday work, do some more clearing and binning and try to be ruthless
    - drop off 2 bags at SA
    -call hotel and ask re gym use
    -swap over the buttons
    -clear a little more from downstairs

-get back to pondering Health, Wealth and A life well lived. I have realised that although I know I need to lose (plenty of) blubber, I am skilled at the art of sabotaging it by what I eat. And now I am over xx, the old metabolism is slower yet the eyes and tummy are both greedy guts. I guess I need a health lightbulb moment...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I need one of those, too, apple - and am less than 2 years behind you age wise...
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Tomorrow:-
    -up early and zcut 7
    -wake dd and dh
    -go to work
    -am meeting
    -teach
    -use free time on certificates, copy holiday work, do some more clearing and binning and try to be ruthless
    - drop off 2 bags at SA
    -call hotel and ask re gym use
    -swap over the buttons
    -clear a little more from downstairs

-get back to pondering Health, Wealth and A life well lived. I have realised that although I know I need to lose (plenty of) blubber, I am skilled at the art of sabotaging it by what I eat. And now I am over xx, the old metabolism is slower yet the eyes and tummy are both greedy guts. I guess I need a health lightbulb moment...

I would class today as a joyous day.

Zcut #7 done first thing, and I can see good progress esp with the overhead squats and the windmills.

A cover lesson at work for the y5s and y6s who've not gone on the school journey. They got stuck in to help me remove book covers and take the books to the recyc bins. I reckon they have saved me a good couple of hours work - wish I could have kept them for longer!

Lovely lessons with lovely kiddies today.

When not teaching, I got on with binning old paperwork. Even though outwardly, there ain't much to show for it, I know that folders and drawers are getting thinned out.

And did some necessary photocopying. And ensured my lessons for next week are planned. And worked out how to print in colour - go me :rotfl:.And popped into acolleague's y10s to talk to them about their speaking tests -techniques and how it's marked.

2 more bags to the Sally Army on my way home :D.

And tomorrow I go to the town of my birth. Hindsight says it would've been better/simpler to travel up at silly-o'clock on weds am rather then tomorrow at 12 noon, cos I have to depart Lunnon town by x o'clock or pay a fortune. Well, hindsight may be right, but it came too late! So I shall try my hardest to enjoy an evening alone with tv, wifi, food and a gym...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Forgot to change my alarm so was awoken at work-day-time. Ugh. But I put it to good use by doing a workout - so ZCUT #8 all done and dusted, meaning I don't have to get to the gym tonight.

It is odd, waiting to travel in the middle of the day - I find that I usually get very little done beforehand. So I did myself a list today - all things that will help prep the place for the influx of family at the weekend.

And Poirot is on the telly, to distract me as required.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sounds like great progress andlike the fact that you are challenging yourself to are challenging yourself to be ruthless! I'm also finding it hard to lose a wee bit of extra weight and just setting myself a target of 2lbs per week as I'm not a spring chicken anymore.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I am arrived in Mancunium and all is well.

Finished dgs' cardigan again - put the buttons on the correct side this time, so that is ready for Friday.

Did zcut #8 this morning, just 2x through. And have also used the hotel gym :j to do zcut 9. No kettlebells, just dumbells. And no 8k dumbells, so I upped it to 10k. Ooph. Using dumbells as kettlebells is not sensible - I have bruised both wrists and they don't half ache. I have iced them so we'll see what they are like tomorow.

I was in my jamas by 6.30 :D and have done my best to get through the copious amounts of food I bought for tea - all good stuff, but prob enough for 2, and I can't keep it for tomorrow (fridge is warm and smells of smelly milk...) Dinner in the 'Steakhouse' would have hit £25 easily. Yikes. Tomorrow, I'll prob eat there as I'll then have met the other examiners. But I did scope out the sainz in the station and there's plenty of food I could get from there at a much lower cost. I know I get expenses back, but I like my own company a lot!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Have munched today's dinner from sainz again- yummy!

A good day with really useful stuff learned.

Excellent food all round.

And it seems that we may finish a little early tomorrow. Yay!

Zcut #10 done. With dumbells. I was pretty careful as the bruises are sore and prob won't do another one in the morning. There were 2 muscly blokes in there. Both did a short treadmill warm up and then one did all the arm machines and the other did DB arm exercises. I felt v proud, doing my multi-exercise, whole-body, timed routine!
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Glad it went well. hope your journey home goes ok.

You have convinced me to look at the zcuts.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure