Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just checked and find 3 different end dates on paperwork from Together Energy, another example of poor billing system.
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Who did you opt for?

I used the MSE Energy Club comparison. I ignored anyone with no customer rating or a low customer rating, which left my first option as Tonik Energy (I've never heard of them before, but their rating seemed reasonable). I very nearly went for Bulb who have an excellent customer rating, but their quote was quite a lot more expensive. I figured I didn't need excellent customer service - just reasonable!
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Billing seems to have gone AWOL now. Nothing for May.
    Je suis sabot...
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    I wonder if anyone can help here please?

At the beginning of October 2017 I changed my electricity supplier from E.ON to Together Energy (TE). This should have lead to an annual saving of approximately £500. I have a dual supply, one for normal electricity and one for the economy seven, although I don!!!8217;t actually use any electricity on the economy seven supply.

On takeover I notified TE of the readings verbally, and they in turn notified E.ON. TE started to collect charges monthly via DD and E.ON levied their final bill (in paper form). TE have an online customer portal which is used to notify meter readings and access bills and balance.

This went fine for the first few months, TE emailed at the end of each month for a meter reading which I supplied via their online portal. But in January 2018 it all went pear shaped.

When I tried to notify readings one of the supplies had disappeared from their portal. I immediately notified them of this and they advised that they were upgrading their computer system and it should be back shortly. Every month they continued to request readings and every month they claimed the new system would be ready soon. I cannot now access any bills or balance online.

During this period the meters were read personally by one of their meter readers. I think about February 2018.

In May 2018 they asked for readings to be notified via email as they wished to review my DD. I duly supplied them. They claimed they could not understand them and could I send pictures of the readings. I replied that if they got their act together and updated their online portal I could notify them myself.

TE have now decided that they do not support my dual supply and will be transferring me back to E.ON. TE will refund me all payments made and E.ON will bill me for all use.

This is likely to cost me pretty much all the perceived saving, as I only use electricity as obviously a lot more in winter than summer.

Can they do this?

Can I insist they compensate me for the additional cost?

Any other suggestions?
  • mikeyorkie10
    mikeyorkie10 Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Purple Moonlight... did you get an acceptance letter/email from them back in October? If so I would say this is a 'contractual arrangement' and as such for them to renege on it some 8 months later is unacceptable and grounds for a compensation claim. I would wait to see what their response to a claim is and then refer the matter to the ombudsman if you don't get satisfaction. I don't think this will be the first letter to the Ombudsman for this lot!! Do keep us in touch... and good luck!
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    well finally got my May bill and all seems to have been calculated correctly (albeit tardily) using my actual readings , so fingers crossed until the end of the contract...
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    @PurpleMoonlight I'm with TE (though fortunately just jumping ship) on dual fuel and Economy 7 Electric. I can't see any reason why they cannot support your dual supply. Its sounds more like an excuse for another reason....
    As @mikeyorkie10 suggests, this is a complaint for the ombudsman. Together Energy should be responsible for any added costs you face because of this. Collate all your correspondence and documentation that you can find, so that you have it and make sure you keep all future correspondence and record all phone calls.
    To submit to the ombudsman, you first have to exhaust the TE complaints procedure - which will take 8 weeks. If they deal with it in the same way they dealt with mine, they won't deal with your complaint. So my suggestion is to get the complaint in now and start the clock ticking.
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    Thanks for the comments.

It's all a bit mad really, as they even quote normal and economy 7 tariffs on their website.

I have notified them I will be seeking compensation if they persist in their course of action but they don't seem to be taking any notice.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    Thanks for the comments.

It's all a bit mad really, as they even quote normal and economy 7 tariffs on their website.

I have notified them I will be seeking compensation if they persist in their course of action but they don't seem to be taking any notice.
    Hi again.... unfortunately the lack of response has become the norm!! Have you initiated the complaints procedure as per the details on the bottom of their invoices? You will need to stick to that and document everything to peruse the matter via the ombudsman......
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    No I haven't registered a formal complaint yet. I was hoping they would resolve whatever issue they have with me.

I cannot access any bills on their portal. I was in a very slight surplus with them at the end of December 2017 when their portal last worked for me. I haven't a clue what the balance is now, and I guess they don't either by the sounds of it.

I did get the contract on commencement by they way. They got that wrong too as it only included one supply. They confirmed via email they had two for me when I queried it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure