Does this mean I've been refused insurance?

Hi,

I'm trying to purchase some more insurance for my phone. However, the statement you must agree to is 'You have not had any insurance refused, cancelled or declared null or void', however, my last insurance with Endsleigh ended with this email---

Dear Mr <Redacted>

Endsleigh Possessions Insurance Policy Number <Redacted>

Thank you for insuring your gadgets with us during the past twelve months. Your policy is due for renewal on 9 October 2017 and as part of our ongoing service to our clients, we constantly review the insurance products we provide.

When we reviewed your policy for renewal we found that the insurer we placed you with last year is no longer able to offer cover. However, as we provide insurance from a panel of top insurers we may be able to offer you comparable cover with a different insurer. It's important to us that you get the cover you need at our best available price so we'd like to prepare a tailor made quote for you. Please call us on 0333 234 1563 to get your quote and ensure continuity of cover.

Please note: If you paid monthly for your insurance, your payments will end and your policy will NOT automatically renew.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

<Redacted>

Senior Insurance Consultant

Home Renewals Department

Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited

Telephone: 0333 234 1563

Does this mean I have been 'refused' insurance?
“Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral. ”
― Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    No, that is not a refusal.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    As dunstonh says, that's not a refusal.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thats no way a refusal to insure, its more a case of the insurer is no longer able to provide cover, the letter states this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure