Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 June 2018 at 4:18PM
  • abazat
    abazat Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Apart from a stiff neck which is better now. I've been reading that you have to report it to police within 24 hours. The details the other driver gave I believe are fake as I rang hi twice and texted him him and no reply. Would it cause me any issues if I report it now.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    You do not need to report it to the police unless you failed to exchange details at the scene. Check for free if the vehicle is insured http://askmid.co.uk/
    You could go for the £4 option and get the insurers name if necessary.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    abazat wrote: »
    Apart from a stiff neck which is better now. I've been reading that you have to report it to police within 24 hours. The details the other driver gave I believe are fake as I rang hi twice and texted him him and no reply. Would it cause me any issues if I report it now.

As you have been advised no need to report this and pointless should this result in you being uninsured!

If it turns out the details are false that's an entirely separate issue which you can deal with as and when, and unrelated to the 24 hour rule. In fact if reportable then you must do so asap. (IE not when you feel like it during the next 24 hours)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure