C-max ecoboost clutch query

Hi all

Forgive me if this has been done to death, but reading through the forum I couldn’t find the answer.

We’re really keen on buying a 2 year old Ford C-Max ecoboost. Found the ideal one, but only just discovered all the problems people have raised about the clutch issues on this engine type.

Does anyone how serious an issue this is? Are the newer models still likely to suffer from this problem? I know ford now create a part which is supposed to negate this problem, but no idea if it’s fitted into the newer models.

Anyway, and help or advise would be appreciated. I really want this car but now a bit worried about reliability :)

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What's the mileage? The issue seems to be the clutch slave cylinder rather than the clutch itself and failure happens below 20,000 miles. At 2 years old it should have a year's manufacturer warranty left. You can always get the chassis number and phone Ford Customer Service to ask.
  • burtbot1
    burtbot1 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for your reply. It's only done 11000 miles. its a 65 plate.

I think it does have a years warranty left. What would getting the chassis number and phoning Ford verify? sorry for my ignorance :)
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    burtbot1 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. It's only done 11000 miles. its a 65 plate.

I think it does have a years warranty left. What would getting the chassis number and phoning Ford verify? sorry for my ignorance :)

Whether it is possibly affected by the fault and whether it has been rectified following a failure?
  • burtbot1
    burtbot1 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Oh good idea, I'll do that. Thanks !
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 October 2017 at 3:10PM
    Yes, that was what I had in mind when I suggested ringing Ford. They will know the chassis number from which the updated clutch/slave cylinders were fitted at the factory during production and if there was a warranty claim for one on that vehicle. I really must remember to include more detail in replies, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure