Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    How are people figuring out their 'target' or 'ideal' weight?

My initial target is a BMI of 25, so top end of the healthy bracket, but I am willing to change my target when I'm closer to it.
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Mine is BMI of roughly 27.
    It seems that as we get older that is an ok place to be.
    Also look at the new smart BMI which I find to be quite a good guide for me
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Depending on your age I do think that you have to watch. A girl at my class about my age has just got to target and in my humble opinion she does not look her best as I think she has lost too much. It shows in her face and neck.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hello all :A
    WI with LOSS of 1lb :T most I’ve lost in a while so pleased with it :A.

Did 4 days as sp ( or near as damnit) will see if I can do similar this week.

Work has been interesting as his nibs has been really pleasant for near 2 weeks, But and it’s a big But he let himself down on Thursday afternoon and hurt my job share so ended up excluded :(. I was so disappointed as he had tried really hard. So yesterday I didn’t know what to do with myself :rotfl:. Will be back Monday though!

Onward and upward as they say :A

Have a good weekend all :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great loss TIE.

• esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Posted yesterday and it disappeared!

STS this week - well a .2 of a lb loss so I don't count it unless its at least .5. Some brilliant losses this week so well done all.

I set my original target weight at the top end of healthy BMI for my height and a weight I maintained for several years. I've decided to adjust this down by 3lbs to give me a bit of breathing room. I don't go to group now so no concern about paying for fluctuations. The range is quite broad and I wouldn't want to be at the low end - I'm tall with big hands and feet and at the wrong end of my 50s, so my face needs a bit of help to avoid collapse! I'll have a look at the smart BMI Beanie.

Got a bit of an upset tummy today so haven't eaten much at all, just a couple of crispbreads and an apple. OH remarked that I must be feeling a bit off - I usually enjoy my food!

Bit late but have good hols Whiplashy and Bubbs
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    I like the SBMI..... I am only overweight not obese!!!

And it says I have 12 lbs to loose..... I think I can live with that!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all from Yorkshire:D
    The cottage is beautiful :D
    Well done everyone on there loses:T:T:T
    SSM, if i put any more on you will be:o
    I am going to look at that smart BMI
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on your loss tie :T
    I can see why you were disappointed about the exclusion but it's good that the school draws a line at physical attacks.
    Well done GTST x

I have no idea, whilst every lb is a bonus... Pre-children I weighed 9 stone 2 lbs. But when I look at the NHS sites, it says healthy weight 8.5 - 11.4 (rough guess at the points).

Personally I don't go on BMI although I know mine is healthy. I use those height /weight charts and my target is right in the middle of healthy range. Any lower and like beanie says I'd have a scraggy neck.:eek: I have been a stone lighter years ago but then I had arms like pipe cleaners.

2 portions of raspberries and 0% yogurt to add to today's plan. It's the Aldi one and every bit as good as Total. :)
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Well done GTST x

beanielou wrote: »
    Depending on your age I do think that you have to watch. A girl at my class about my age has just got to target and in my humble opinion she does not look her best as I think she has lost too much. It shows in her face and neck.

Sunshine - there's no way I could be in the range that it's healthy for my BMI & maintain / be happy so my official target weight is about a stone more than the top BMI weight (if that makes sense). The weight I've had in my head is just slightly above the top weight but as beanie has said, I'm aware that I could end up looking, as a friend said (but not about me I hasten to add!) a plucked turkey - so when I get near my official weight I'm going to make that decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure