Sports Direct Credit Note Expiry in US Date Format

Comments

• It was for a refunded item (wrong size indicated on the hangar)

obviously a straight refund would have saved a lot of hassle!
  • vuvuzela
    vuvuzela Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    2017_M.S.E wrote: »
    It was for a refunded item (wrong size indicated on the hangar)

obviously a straight refund would have saved a lot of hassle!

What date was it issued and does it say anything about number of months etc it was valid for ?
  • Issued on 10/01/17

This is in UK format as opposed to the expiry date. Nothing about how long its valid for.

Only this in block capitals in the middle of the slip.

'To be retained by the customer unless fully redeemed'
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Issued on 10/01/17

This is in UK format as opposed to the expiry date. Nothing about how long its valid for.

Erm ... yes there is. Isn't that the whole point of this thread?

If the expiry had shown UK format it would be 10/07/2017 ... i.e. 6 months after issue. This is not an unusual validity period for a credit note.
  • DoaM wrote: »
    Erm ... yes there is. Isn't that the whole point of this thread?

If the expiry had shown UK format it would be 10/07/2017 ... i.e. 6 months after issue. This is not an unusual validity period for a credit note.

Of course but as you can see above I was answering vuvuzela's question about the note indicating the number of months it is valid for. The issue is more about Sports Direct printing a date they appear to be reluctant to honour.

I have checked their website and cannot see any policy which explicitly refers to credit notes, only gift cards which they say has a validity of 24 months.
  • I've have the exact same thing and thought I was going mad. I've been in contact with Sports Direct customer services team online who have told me to take the issue up with the shop. The shop have told me to take it up with the company, so again feeling totally fobbed off. I've also paid a visit to Citizens Advice who encouraged me to write a letter as they said that would have more power. Please feel free message me privately for further info.
  • Thanks for getting in touch! I knew others would be affected. I have sent you a DM
  • So have written off the letter of complaint, and the customer services team have told me they can't help me, is there anyone worth passing this onto like the ombudsman?
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    So have written off the letter of complaint, and the customer services team have told me they can't help me, is there anyone worth passing this onto like the ombudsman?
    I don't think Sports Direct have signed up to any ombudsman schemes, so your only option is court action, (after sending them a LBA).
  • Just a quick update for anyone in the same situation, I managed to get the Credit Note validated at the last minute!

Following contact with staff at the Stores@SportsDirect.com email address, I received a response from Rebecca saying that she had checked their system and could confirm that the credit note was valid.

Taking the credit note (and a copy of the email) into store, it worked and I could reclaim the remaining credit.

Now from previously going to store and with the staff there phoning the head office themselves and telling me there is nothing I could do, clearly something has changed which Sports Direct have not informed me of, but at least the problem was resolved. Someone has probably updated the expiry date in their system, but Sports Direct still don't want to admit there was a problem.

I hope this helps anyone who finds themselves in the same situation Sports Direct can and will honour the expiry dates as they are written, unfortunately it does take quite a lot of effort in contacting various staff at Sports Direct in the end to get this right!

One final bit of advice I have noticed is that if no case number is quoted in any responses from Sports Direct, then they will not help you, or pass the details of your conversation onto anyone else so you have to start the process with someone else there again!

If anyone else has come across this, please post here as I bet a lot of people have been affected by this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure