anyone heard of cash finance direct?

Comments

• lauren18 wrote: »
    im looking to move home beacause i have just found out iam pregnant so i need to move to a bigger place however i cannont afford the bond and rent for the first month all in one go so when it looked like i had to stay in my crummy 2bed flat cfd (cash fiance direct ) phoned me up and offered me the exact money i needed they gave me a premium number that charged me my last tenner for a 5 min call i was so annoyed so i started lookin for them to ask to call me back when i saw all these bad reviews i cnt believe i nearly walked into a con so ive done some digging and found an address and a landline number on theinternet for them i havent yet called them as thnx to them i have no cred left so im posting its for all you great ppl to ring

« Cash Finance Direct
    0161 2460237
    Cash Finance Direct
    Floor 7 / Dale House
    Tiviot Dale
    Stockport
    Cheshire SK1 1XB
    Telephone:
    0161 2460237
    Fax:
    0161 2460242
    happy complaining!!!:rotfl:

get in contact with the job centre and the town hall they have grants available for people in your situation. you can claim a crisis loan, a comunity care gratn, or get a bond from rentwise. look it up. all the best
  • saskay
    saskay Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yep, I had the experience of going through with them on the premium number. But some how I felt there is something fishy and decided not to proceed with their proposal to find a lender for me mid-way and asked for my money spent on calling the premium numbers to be refunded which they did in 2 weeks after my sending them the online copies of the phone bill. You may find it useful to use saynoto0870 [dot] com/ to find an alternate # to their premium number which can be used if you need to contact them, but I don't think it will work in the initial stages of the deal, where they insist you call on the premium number.
  • I also had a call from Cash Finance last nite. As I was phoning from a pay-as-you go phone, they asked me to call back today on a landline on 0906 4001964. Thank goodness I check this site first - thanks guys for the tip-off you've saved me from being ripped off.

Although I still may have been ripped off by a company called City Financial UK Ltd based in Stockport - they called me a couple of weeks ago and offered me a loan which I accepted. I signed and sent of the contract but heard nothing from them so I called them Tuesday gone and they said someone will be in touch that evening. I'm still waiting for the call but it looks like I may have been duped by them as well. Oh and I paid a £55 admin fee looks like i've lost that now but at least I didn't give them my bank details, will have to contact the bank and bar them in case they try to use my card details to take money from my account.

If they are a genuine company then I apologise if they're not then they are scum of the earth!
  • brainz
    brainz Posts: 8 Forumite
    I used to work for CFD taking the premium rate calls from people a job that i hated and did not stay in very long. Il give you some info on how this company works first you receive a call from a company usually called horizon finance claiming to be calling on behalf of cash finance direct althouth they are in the same office about 2 foot away from each other now these guys can pretty much get away with saying what they want to get you to call the premium rate number and will make hundreds of calls a day. They will give you a reference number telling you to call the premium rate line this reference means nothing its just a way of looking more official.They promise that the call is fully refundable which it is but they dont mention that they need you to send a copy of your phone bill first then after the time taken to process they will send you a cheque so your refund takes quite a long time. This company has previously had its premium rate lines suspended so due to court order it has to follow very precise scripts on these calls unfortunatly people hear what they want to hear not what they are being told and do not question them.If you question they cannot lie, are they a loan company- no they are not licenced with the fsa they do not offer loans or any other financial aid they offer advice and that is it. The call you make legally cannot exeed 15 minutes but the staff performance is monitored on call times and they will be sacked if there average falls bellow that so they will speak slowly repeat what you have just said etc to drag the call out. at the end of this call you will be told that your application is being processed you can call back in a period of time usually an hour for a same day decision on another premium rate number this call is set with a 10 minute maximum time limit. in actual fact there is no processing involved the information was available to the call handler in the first call. the "decision is simply contact information for another company based on very basic info for example if you need a car it will be a car finance company all these companies they give you details of are related in one way or another to cash finance direct some even in the same office and each have their own way of taking money from you and giving you nothing in return.
    The lesson is listen carfully to everything you are told carefully and make specific questions even if it seems like they have already answered them many of these companies like cfd use legal loopholes and clever wording to make somthing sound like somthing else never trust this company the people at the bottom are nice people but they are spending everyday fighting to keep their minimum wage job. If you need finance and the bigger lenders or lenders with high intrest wont help dont bother there is obviously a reason they wont help if you have debt you probably shudent be looking to add more finace to it anyway loans are not always the best option and remember just because you are down on your luck doesent mean these people will leave you alone they are like vultures that prey on the weak.

Very long winded i no but i only signed up to give you as much info on cfd as i could and hopefully ease my concience a little on the time i spent there. And in case anyone was wondering like many people i was sacked for not meeting my call time targets and was also telling people that were calling me that we were a waste of money and they should hang up. :-)
  • brainz
    brainz Posts: 8 Forumite
    this is another common trick pen2010 you were not actually accepted for a loan you were paying for them to have a look if they would accept you there are a lot of companies like this and very few customers actually get a loan from them you usually pay your processing fee and either never hear anything again or get a simple refusal letter you will probly find you will get a lot of calls now though from companies you have never heard off promising credit as these companies often sell contact info to each other of people that have interest. all i would say is dont pay anyone anything upfront a legitamite company wont ask you for a penny until the money is paid into your bank.
  • Soulrage
    Soulrage Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 19 March 2010 at 11:11AM
    Wow...I had a call for them yesterday and the guy told me that I need to call them back, free of charge to discuss about my loan. Lucky I check on about Cash finance direct 1st online, which is direct me into this site. What a con..or I would say c u n t for charging people with premium rate.
  • Hi, as i sit here today, april's fools day waiting for my post regarding a loan i am supposed to be getting through a company called the CREDIT People, i recieve a letter from them telling me i have to call a 090 at £1.50p/m. I have already paid £49.50 (an administration fee) for my loan. It's so far taken 2 weeks when i was originally told 3 working days and now this.

Both THE CREDIT PEOPLE and CASH FINANCE DIRECT have really bad reports all over the internet. DO NOT GET DONE by these companies...

I was looking forward to giving my little boy a brilliant party for his second birthday and now i can barely afford to get him a present.

I wish i had read these site before. VERY VERY ANGRY AND UPSET
  • PLEASE READ

I am currently an employee of cash finance direct (please don't hate me i needed a job lol)
    other names they go under are horizon finance & easy loans
    they all operate under one roof on floors 7 & 8 of dale house in stockport, south manchester,
    when they first contact you "i have good news regarding the loan/credit card you applied for, several lenders have come forward to finance it bla bla"

NO lenders have came forward, that's !!!!!!!!
    you either applied online for another company (vanquish is one i know)
    or applied at yes loans (located in the same building)
    and had your details passed on, yes loans probably charged you a £70 admin fee without your knowledge, couldn't find you a loan, then passed you on to us.

the aim of the first call is to completely blag you, and persuade you into ringing "the processing department" aka the £1.50 premium "fully refundable" 0906 call,
    it consists of 3 large desks in the same call centre, their objective is to keep you on the phone for 15 mins, costing loads, making money.
    my knowledge only goes so far,
    but i have NEVER heard of anyone getting a refund on the call,
    and have NEVER heard of anyone being successfull in getting a loan
    the aim is to prey on the weak, people desperate for cash, and with no other option but to take the risk, i only know what i have seen, but im sure there is alot more going on behind the scenes.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY

you will get burned, wont get a loan, and end up worse off than first.
    what they do is legal (i think) but barely, a few select words save them from prosecution in my understanding.

there is lots of small company's like this nowadays,
    i would advise anyone looking for a loan, to only go to your bank
    or established businesses you know and trust, the powers of google are amazing, personally i would never borrow money over the phone.

i needed to up my karma through this post, grinds you down ripping people off for a living, ill be out of there asap, just a word of warning, hope this helps someone.
  • didnt read this page,
    seems brainz has covered it all in his posts above.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Candy from a Baby....

HOW is it people can be so gullible as to believe any old garbage and willingly throw money away??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure