Accessing Xbox away from home

Hi,

My son wants to go to his friends house and play on his Xbox there. They both want to play games at th3 same time iykwim. Other than lugging the Xbox and tv over there, does anyone know if there is another way he can access his login? He has a laptop, so is there a way of accessing it without the machine?
Thanks for any suggestions :beer:
Sealed Pot no 2011 :D

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    No, not unless his friend has a spare console & tv he could use.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Thanks, not the answer I hoped for, but the one I expected!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    you mean playing the same game?

There is game sharing

http://www.alphr.com/games/1008066/xbox-one-gameshare-how-to-share-games-on-the-xbox-one

Or do you mean more like a Windows set up of logging into separate accounts?
  • They wanted to log into separate accounts if possible?
  • custardy
    They wanted to log into separate accounts if possible?

Think its possible. would mean setting the friends console as your sons home console while he uses it. Then changing it when at home.
  • So they would change the friends Xbox over to my sons login, my son would log in on the laptop, then the friend would log back onto the Xbox?
  • custardy
    So they would change the friends Xbox over to my sons login, my son would log in on the laptop, then the friend would log back onto the Xbox?

no,you could swap accounts on the Xbox,but I doubt theres a way to game stream onto the laptop via a different account.
    Eg
    https://youtu.be/aOFzrFJmdbA

so 2 players playing one game,one via laptop
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    custardy wrote: »
    no,you could swap accounts on the Xbox,but I doubt theres a way to game stream onto the laptop via a different account.
    Eg
    https://youtu.be/aOFzrFJmdbA

so 2 players playing one game,one via laptop

I don't believe thats what the OP's son wants to do - if he wanted splitscreen theres no point in having the laptop as all the laptop does is duplicate the tv's screen and obviously the tv screen will be much larger (whats shown in the video is more useful for those wanting to splitscreen from a different room). It would also only work on games that offer couch co-op. Those who only offer online co-op (which is becoming more common as people tend to really dislike splitscreen), it wouldn't be possible to do that.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I don't believe thats what the OP's son wants to do - if he wanted splitscreen theres no point in having the laptop as all the laptop does is duplicate the tv's screen and obviously the tv screen will be much larger (whats shown in the video is more useful for those wanting to splitscreen from a different room). It would also only work on games that offer couch co-op. Those who only offer online co-op (which is becoming more common as people tend to really dislike splitscreen), it wouldn't be possible to do that.

Agreed, the Xbox One can be streamed to a Windows 10 PC but only on the same network unfortunately so it wouldn't be possible to do so over the internet which is what the OP's son needs.

John
  • custardy
    Hi,

My son wants to go to his friends house and play on his Xbox there. They both want to play games at th3 same time iykwim. Other than lugging the Xbox and tv over there, does anyone know if there is another way he can access his login? He has a laptop, so is there a way of accessing it without the machine?
    Thanks for any suggestions :beer:
    Johnmcl7 wrote: »
    Agreed, the Xbox One can be streamed to a Windows 10 PC but only on the same network unfortunately so it wouldn't be possible to do so over the internet which is what the OP's son needs.

John

not how it reads to me?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family