Car insurance successes stories

Comments

• You must all have good post codes too. I have 13 years no claims, driveway overnight, approx 9000 miles a year, female main driver and can't get it below £350....
  • £94 fully comp after £100 cashback with the prudential through quidco!!!

And i'm only 24, what a bargain!!!!:j
    :j Egypt 10th May - Here we come!!!:j
  • I have recently been quoted £313.30 from swinton, but going on to the moneysupermarket have now got this price down to £141.02 through Saga,,

:j ...A WHOPPING £172.28 SAVING!!! :j This site is for the over 50,s only...

Hope this helps at least one person...:j
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Good for you Brid...I'm with Swinton,...they got my car insurance down on the last renewal,by about £80, even less now thru moneysupermarket.
    Inflation, what's that !!!
  • ohit wrote:
    What cars do you lot drive to get insurance that cheap?

2006 fiat punto sport, £94 fully comp after £100 cashback!! Bargain at 24 yrs old!
    :j Egypt 10th May - Here we come!!!:j
  • qprfact
    qprfact Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    I've been with Direct Line for a few years, and have previously shopped around. However, I didn't so last year or the year before as I got an SP30 and 3 points (for doing 47 in a 40mph zone - doh!). This year, I thought I would look around, and Swiftcover was the cheapest with the £50 cashback - about £150 compared to DL's £340. However, I decided not to go with Swiftcover after Googling and seeing that others have had bad experiences with them.

Instead, went with Budget at £214 - slightly higher excess (£100 compared to zero), but includes courtesy car (some charge extra) and cover for travelling in Europe (i.e. no Green Card cost).

DL said they wouldn't be able to match it. Just wish I'd done it sooner!
  • Blimey after reading these posts i am soolooking forward to renewing mine and also sons car insurance, i am with churchill ( 48 with 9 years no claims) came in at £297 last year which i thought wasnt bad but hey ho look out churchill in july..
    Son ( 19, 1 year no claims, renault clio 1.2) came in at just over £1000 last year so am really looking forward to getting a renewal quote for that one! he will be so pleased with me! lol
  • nej
    nej Posts: 1,526 Forumite
    Can't get mine below £450.

Car (people carrier) worth £18k or so (10 months old), me and wife driving (I've got 3 points from 2 years ago), 6 years protected no claims, 10k miles per year. Parked off-road and has a tracking device in it.

Tried confused.com but my renewal with Esure beat basically all of them.

Any suggestions?
  • tiggat28
    tiggat28 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Have been with churchill's for years and years, my premium has gone up an extra £10 this year to £134 so checked for cheaper car insurance and took one out with Swift Cover. Initially had to pay £146 but will get £50 cash back after 3 months so this will bring my car insurance down to just under a £100. Really glad I made an effort to peruse the website instead of being faithfull to Churchill.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Can't match the £27 or whatever it was but I managed £43.80 (after £120 Quidco cashback) with Lloyds TSB for self & spouse comprehensive cover on a 2002 1.3 Yaris. Well pleased with that.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback