Post office broadband?!

Options

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Places like EE don't hike it to silly prices after 12minths.
    Well not for asdl

AndyPK wrote: »
    Have a look at

https://www.ee.co.uk
  • zenshi
    zenshi Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    I looked at EE and website said I could have fibre for £7 less than standard
    LBM.....sometime in 2013 £27,056. 10 creditors
    June 20.....£7,587.....3 creditors left 72% paid

£26,200 on interest only part of mortgage (July 16)...will chip away £17,103
    £49,200 repayment mortgage ( July 16) £37,764
  • bsod
    bsod Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    edited 20 January 2017 at 5:06PM
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    Places like EE don't hike it to silly prices after 12minths.
    Well not for asdl

bt did a takeover of ee, as they did with plusnet, so anything could happen, plusnet deals and ways are starting to look very similar to bt. Takeovers and sport are expensive
    Don't you dare criticise what you cannot understand
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    zenshi wrote: »

You can't get fibre though.
  • AndyPK
    Options
    zenshi wrote: »

Only for 12 months I would imagine, not long term.
  • Susan1942
    Susan1942 Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Excuse me but are you saying that Post Office is actually Talk Talk and that EE and Plusnet are actually BT?
    I too am at the end of a contract I have been with Talk Talk who gave me free Broadband for the year at the time they were offering it to new customers for £3 50. I paid my line rental up front for 12 months This rental ends on 17th February. The Broadband package finished this month. I see a new charge of £6 something added to my bill this month. I have the anytime phone package at £7 50 per month.
    The speed I am getting is around 4.5-5.00 Sometimes when I did a speed text I was getting under 4.
    I had a problem for several months with connection dropping. I spoke to them a few times about this and about 6 weeks ago they sent me a new router. This seems to have resolved the dropped signal but the speed is no better.
    This new information regarding who is actually providing the service is worrying for me as it would appear I have little choice.
    I can't use Sky and I am not sure about Virgin but I suspect not so it would seem I am left with BT or TT.
    Any advice would be welcome. Thank you Sue
  • AndyPK
    edited 22 January 2017 at 5:49PM
    Options
    Yes to the first sentence. BT own EE and PN

There is only a small chance you will get a better speed if you move supplier.
    Most of it is to do with the distance from the exchange.

Virgin comes down different cables so unlikely unless you have some spare cables in your house.

Sky maybe an option though
  • P0123
    P0123 Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Zenshi
    I hope this is not too late, because I have only just come across this thread.
    I have been with the Post Office phone and broadband package for about two years now, and found the telephone side very helpful, but over the last year, I have had terrible problems with access to broadband on and off, (freezing, no access to anything that needs going through to a link, very slow, constant "refreshing", etc,) and on phoning the Post Office - initially, I spoke with averagely-helpful "English-speaking" people; over the last six months or so, I have ended up speaking with people who I could not wholly understand, let alone them completely understand me, but even worse, were treating me like they were the complainant and I was the Customer Service Advisor. (This included raising their voices to me, complaining that I had "caused offence" by asking if they were qualified PC technicians, engineers or the like, (purely because they always sounded like they were reading the same script, but not actually answering any queries, or giving constructive advice or info,) threatening to terminate the call for the aforesaid reason, but overall, never helped at all with my problems. (At least on the prior calls, about six months prior, I was told "if .... doesn't work, then call again and we will get the engineer out to you". Also, not once did anyone apologise for over six months of not having full use of the internet or any of the "mis-information given".
    I am now seeking an alternative Broadband Provided, because they do not offer any alternative way to gain help or assistance, and I refuse to call them again!
  • Carrieanne
    Options
    This is the worst internet service I have ever used, and I've used some right stinkers during the past 20 years.

That the ombudsman hasn't brought the Post Office to book for its appalling so-called internet access suggests s/he's a paper tiger.

I would urge anyone who's considering joining the cowboy outfit to google: Post Office Broadband User Reviews.
  • DE5T1NY
    DE5T1NY Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Having had terrible problems with access to my broadband on and off near every night, the whole thing can to the crunch went the boardband went off completly, and after being given a time period for someone to come out and fix the problem, which no-one showed up, and after allowing a few extra days and still no show I contacted them again, I was shocked to be told by a member of their staff that I had to arrange for a BT Openreach engineer to come out (which might have a small fee attached) and try to get the problem fixed, only to continue on to say "they (BT OR) don't seem to be doing their job right for our company lately in some areas", in the end I had to move to a new provider, who done all the dealings with them during the switch. Once my broadband was up and running again I phoned POST OFFICE TELECOMS SERVICE and explained to them, I beleived they broke their side of the agreement by not living up to their promiss to have the problem looked at in the time frame I was given, the person on the other end did apologise for their mistake and assured me my account was closed without any other payments owing, great.

But sadly that only lasted a few months as I have now been turned down by a morgage broker because of a default account on my credit score, guess who.

Yes once again this company has been two faced, they added a £298 fee for broken contract.

Ever since his company told over my account without my say, they have went out of their way to make live hell for me and my family.

I phone them yesterday and once again I was told my account is clear ?

Anyone any ideas what next I can do to right this wrong in my credit ratings

Thanks in advance
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure