Plusnet renewal different contract length

Options
Hi
My monthly saver deal ends in Nov which covers cost of my broadband and line rental for year. it will then go up to 18.00 a month
My phone usage contract ends in May19 and my monthly cost there is about 2-3 pound
i was unaware that i had 2 separate contacts and it will cost me £29 to exit the phone useage contract early.
I was going to go for their new customer deal in my partners name which is equivalent to 11.00 a month
Are plusnet likely to give me better deal to stay with them any suggestions???

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The line saver, as you know only covers 12 months, so for the rest of your agreed (minimum ) term , you have to pay full price , meaning an extra £2.50 per month.

However,in your contract for the line and internet service you have to stay for 18 months or pay a leaving fee, unless there is a price rise (unlikely as they are offering fixes).

You have the choices, therefore, f paying an extra £2.20 for 6 months, pay the fee to leave or repay the upfront saver, but have no bargaining power 6 months later, as they have over £80 of yours , paid in.

They may well be suspicious if you leave and then join in someone else's name and refuse, but anyway you would lose your number and have a time with no internet or phone. Your partner would also have to pay any set up fee that was current at the time (offers alter every 2 weeks with set up free then not, besides other changes) and you would have to pay a cease charge of £30+ as you would not be migrating.

This may well make your proposed change more expensive than your current options.
  • flopsy1973
    Options
    sounds as like they have got me over barrel then, what are they like to haggle with to get a decent deal on my upfront monthly saver or do i go elsewhere
  • flopsy1973
    flopsy1973 Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    any advice here regarding plusnet or other options
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Options
    Confused.
    Does your BB contract end in Nov .
    You say your advanced line rental ends in November .

If that is true then phone them up a few weeks before the end and negotiate a new price for BB .
    Line rental will be either monthly or advanced 12 months at a discounted rate .
    If they wont play ball you can pay line rental monthly until phone calls contract ends .
    Move your BB contract to another provider in November .
    Price up alternative suppliers before calling .
  • flopsy1973
    flopsy1973 Posts: 624 Forumite
    Options
    if i do go to another supplier when my BB ends in Nov, im still stuck with my phone useage contract. What are Plusnet like for haggling a good deal with
  • PeteX
    PeteX Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I have just completed some haggling with Plusnet ...and they were pretty responsive. I have increased the scope of my broadband/phone deal (eve/weekend calls changed to anytime calls plus quite a few free minutes to mobiles) for another 18 months whilst reducing the monthly cost by approx £8/mth

I got the impression that the industry is a bit cut-throat at the moment (EE & SSE are offering fibre/phone packages in the early £30's) and if you were willing to extend your contract by (say) 18 months then I think they would be willing to do you a deal just to keep you
  • SMCG
    SMCG Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. I am with Plusnet and on a 12 month contract at £19 per month. Do you know what I should expect to be offered at renewal? I see the Post Office has one at £16 for a year. This is just standard broadband and a telephone line. The offer PeteX got seems good. Any advice much appreciated.
  • SMCG
    SMCG Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Well THANKS for NOT replying to me. Very nice indeed. Phoned Plusnet and they put me on £16 like to Post Office one.
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    SMCG wrote: »
    Well THANKS for NOT replying to me. Very nice indeed. Phoned Plusnet and they put me on £16 like to Post Office one.

Perhaps if you had really wanted a reply, you should have created a new thread, rather than hijacking another thread which looks to have run its course.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport