IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Markham Retail Park Chesterfield

Comments

• Agreed. In total, I bet I've racked up 10 hours over initial appeal, researching, collecting evidence, preparing POPLA appeal etc - in purely monetary terms, it would have been more cost effective to just pay. I guess that's all part of the scam.
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Agreed. In total, I bet I've racked up 10 hours over initial appeal, researching, collecting evidence, preparing POPLA appeal etc - in purely monetary terms, it would have been more cost effective to just pay. I guess that's all part of the scam.

I don't disagree - I often speak to people who consider their time more important than the £100 charge, especially if it takes a couple of hours work to resolve.

Granted, it's part of my paid job to deal with these and I have a library of templates to call on, but I certainly can see why somebody who earns £3-400 a day self employed considers their time is better spent earning than appealing.

But it's akin to throwing a chip to a seagull - it only encourages them to pester other people for more chips.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    But it's akin to throwing a chip to a seagull
    I think seagulls are regarded as vermin. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • StaffsSW
    Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    I think seagulls are ALSO regarded as vermin. :)

Fixed that for you....
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    I think seagulls are regarded as vermin. :)
    Depends on the Seagulls! :rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Depends on the Seagulls! :rotfl:

Depends who the seagulls are playing :rotfl:
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've had my decision from POPLA - PP decided not to contest the appeal :)
    Best of luck with yours too.

#MeToo

Just got the email from POPLA

Thanks to everyone who helped, particularly CouponMad

I'd say the Driver owes me a favour now!
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • StaffsSW
    Forumite
    I think BPA need to take a closer look at this one if they are routinely not contesting appeals.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    They don't usually not contest appeals, they seem to win a silly amount of them.

I reckon in this case they had to give up, due to not being able to rebut the assertion that they have no evidence that the driver left the site.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I was interested in reading all your submissions regarding Markham Retail Car Park as I too received a PCN 9 February 2018 having parked there previous Sunday 3 February 2018 and charged for allegingly leaving the site. I am in the delema of knowing whether to pay this charge or having read all your documentation to contest it, I’m not sure where to start or if I want all the stress, but why should these people be allowed to get away with these parking notices.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure