manual assessment at Jag/Land Rover

Comments

• Eoiny555
    Eoiny555 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    it is very long winded, I first applied online on 13th March, had my manual assesment on 2nd April, did my final interview & drugs screening on 24th April & resat my online assesment on 10th May so its been over 2 months since I first applied & I still havnt got an awnser & if I am sucessfull I still have to work 4 weeks notice in my current job so looking late June/early July for a start date, 4 months in total between application & starting
    Everything Happens For A Reason....
  • anthonyt
    anthonyt Posts: 50 Forumite
    jon2012 wrote: »
    To correct my previous edited post. Not all vacancies were apparently filled by referred applicants but have heard time and time again in the last couple of weeks from current employees that it helped.
    Shouldn't have happened but no way of proving or doing anything about it unfortunately.
    I am in the same boat as many and was unsuccessful.
    Sorry for any misunderstanding.

I doubt most places were filled by people who were referred. As I recently started without a referral, and talking to people who have started most of them have started without a referral. Possibly if you knew someone who works there it may help, but I would say 75% of the intake each week is from people doing the application without a referral.
  • stefdev
    stefdev Posts: 8 Forumite
    does anyone know hoe many spaces are left. and when the last intake is
  • Eoiny555
    I heard there is a intake every 2 weeks mid month & end of month until the end of July
  • mash123
    mash123 Posts: 13 Forumite
    I had my online resit on the 11th May and found out yesterday I got the job. I wasnt a referral either so they are still taking people on just a backlog to sort out, good luck everyone.
  • Eoiny555
    mash123 wrote: »
    I had my online resit on the 11th May and found out yesterday I got the job. I wasnt a referral either so they are still taking people on just a backlog to sort out, good luck everyone.

Well done mate, did they contact you or did you contact them? was it a phone call or email?
  • donone46
    donone46 Posts: 56 Forumite
    mash123 wrote: »

When did you have your original assessment and interview mash123? Just wondering what order their contacting people.

Cheers
  • Eoiny555
    donone46 wrote: »
    When did you have your original assessment and interview mash123? Just wondering what order their contacting people.

Cheers

i called them again yesterday & said i was told i would know in 7 days but she said that the information was incorrect & it was up to 28 days & that people are being contacted in order of score, si the better scored ones are being called first
  • donone46
    donone46 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Eoiny555 wrote: »
    i called them again yesterday & said i was told i would know in 7 days but she said that the information was incorrect & it was up to 28 days & that people are being contacted in order of score, si the better scored ones are being called first

28 days from our re-test eoiny555?
  • mash123
    mash123 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Eoiny555 wrote: »
    Well done mate, did they contact you or did you contact them? was it a phone call or email?

I phoned them on the 18th friday 7 days after resit and she said it was 28 days before we found out to be honest i thought i didnt get it but they phoned me on wednesday this week and said it was successful. But from what i gather if you havent passed they do let you know so if you havent been contacted to say that then theres still hope, fingers crossed for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure